We now have a TEENAGER!

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
BradLyons
Primary DAW OS: Windows

We now have a TEENAGER!

Post by BradLyons »

Well his birthday isn't until the 21st but we are celebrating it today---we do early every year to give the kid at least a BIRTHDAY and a CHRISTMAS that is not one in the same. We're going to a really cool LaserTag place tonight to celebrate his birthday which should be fun----but I'm trying to let it sink in NOW instead of 2-weeks from now that Devin is now 13-years old, not 12....but THIRTEEN!! His mother is going to have a breakdown that she has a child who is now a freaking teenager! LOL

At least we have BOYS, not girls....my hats go out to those that are parents of teenage girls.
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
donreynolds
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: We now have a TEENAGER!

Post by donreynolds »

I have 3 girls, One 15 one 16 and one 26 ( and a grandaughter, 5 ) I have earned everyone of my grey hairs. But I guess they will be taking care of me one day. :wink:
DP 9, MacPro 2.93/8 core/22 Gb RAM. OS X 10.11.6, 13"Macbook PRO 2.66 Duo, OS 10.11.6 El Capitan, 2xWD 150gig Raptor x 2, x3 My Book Studio 1 & 2Tb drive x 2, DP 7.24, BLA/Motu 896 HD x 2, BLA microclock ll, Presonus Central Station, Waves Plat. V7 , Slate Everything, Melodyne studio, SSD 5, TruePianos, Scuffham S-Gear, Alpha Track, Event 20/20 bas, Adam A7, and other toys, Lotsa guitars, HeadRush GTR processor and a Korg Triton)
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

Now starts the fun! :shock: :?
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
BradLyons

Post by BradLyons »

DON----you have my sympathies, and joys of course :) I feel for my wife---she has to feed (3) growing boys, myself included! LOL It was fun at the laser-tag place last night----shooting our kids over and over and over and over. Of course, they shot us too---and did MUCH better :)
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Ummm... Brad... your avatar file is missing again? :) You know we all like to see your smiling face! :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Yeah, I've got news for you, Brad. I have two girls and a boy. The girls are the easy ones. :?

Phil
DP 11.32, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.5/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
jgest

Post by jgest »

Phil O wrote:Yeah, I've got news for you, Brad. I have two girls and a boy. The girls are the easy ones. :?

Phil
thanks for the info, I have 2 girls (under 7)
Macbook pro, 3 gigs of ram, osx 10.62, Dp 5.13, Live 8.1.2, Reason 4, Tc powercore Virus, Albino 3.02, proper ergonomic sitting posture, plenty of coffee (french press only with a pinch of cardamon added)
My dp inspired music.....
http://www.myspace.com/aislingbeing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/wigginsmaroo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=10004" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BradLyons

Post by BradLyons »

Hmmmm this dang AVATAR thing---I think I re-did my website recently and that's why it's missing but I don't know. Did you (James) say it could be uploaded somewhere? Thanks.
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS