DP7 Mod - based on iPerformer's Dark Mod

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
OLB
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP7 Mod - based on iPerformer's Dark Mod

Post by OLB »

I was so used to the awesome 6.02 Dark Mod that I really missed it in DP7. I'm not really experienced with this but I modified the current iPerformer Aruma mod to my own taste. I think it easy on the eyes but decide for yourself!

Is anybody interested in this mod?

Tracks window

Mixer window

Control Panel

See more here.
- Len
DAW Mac Pro 6-core 2013 | 64Gb RAM | 10.11.6 | Metric Halo ULN-8
DP 9.5 | VE Pro 6 | Kontakt 5
catamaru
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP7 Mod - based on iPerformer's Dark Mod

Post by catamaru »

hi i find your mod is just whta motu should do it's kind of grey ala protools 8 with nice contrast without being so Black metal! kind of thing ..could you post it .. i just don't ike the level of so far modifications made (thanks nd respect appart) by ampliddod

thanks!
catamaru
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by catamaru »

i got to something very similar to this with my 6.02 version .. but after my upgrade i'm still waitin for iperformer to release his darkmood for 7.. before i'ld replace only the two xml big files from darkmood and let the control bar exaclty as you with novamod .. after that replace only some pictures .(the one less metal headed).and it functioned just right ... how did you do this kind of combination beetween the darker nice frames of darkmood and function in v7 ..are 6.02 main xml files form darkmod compatible with dp7..

thanks a lot for any help you could give me
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by FMiguelez »

I like everything except the faders in the mixer.
They don't have enough contrast between them and the background where the faders are (they both are too dark for my taste).

Other than that, it looks very nice.

When the time comes, I will take a closer look at all the available DP GUI mods to pick the one that I'll be using when I install DP7 in my main system. I can't wait !

Thanks for posting it.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman