iPerformer's Mods New Updates For DP7.11

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
iPerformer
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

iPerformer's Mods New Updates For DP7.11

Post by iPerformer »

Hi guys!!
EDITED
New Updaters with installer for DP7.1 available now on iP's Website.
Plus a very cool new mod: VINTAGE MOD 7!! available for DP 7.02 and 7.1!!
I've decided to set up a Website with all my DP 6.x and DP7.x Mods.
For those that are using my Mods it would be nice if you could visit and register and also download all new updates .
These updates are available for free (although any donations will be gratefully accepted).
New updates have some graphic maintenance and improvements and there are compatible with newest versions of DP. There is also a new Mod which is my favorite: Dark Mod 7.x
So feel free to visit any time.
Any comments here or there are always very welcome.
I have to thanks James and all of you and wish you happy Holidays too.

EDITED:
Just wanted to let you guys know that all my Mods for DP6.x and DP7.x have now installers that will do the whole installing job for you!
It took a lot of work and patience but now they are ready to go.
For the very first time you don't have to be worried about installing any of iP's Mods. The installers will do it perfectly well, avoiding any manual mistake on the installation that could lead to end with a corrupted copy of DP.
On Top of that, this new installers can be applied even if you already had installed another iPerformer's Mod... and more than that...they can be applied also if you had installed another Dood's Mods!
Just double click and let the installer do the job. It will check your copy of DP and prepare it for the new mod. No need of a fresh install of DP before applying the mod, the installer will clean first and then install.
As MOTU's DP updaters install new copies of DP you will need to choose a Mod installer that matches your version of DP. ie. DP 7.02 --> matches DarkMod 7.02 installer
For more detailed information ,please visit my Mod's website:

iP's Mods (Click Here)

Cheers.

iP.
Last edited by iPerformer on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: NEW iPerformer's Aruma Mod for DP7!!

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

What systems have you tested this with? Is this free? Is there a website with more information?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
tripit@earthlink.net

Post by tripit@earthlink.net »

Very cool looking mod. I like dark blues a lot.
waxman

Post by waxman »

Is this working in Snow Leopard?
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

Wow.....Very nice work iP!!!

I have it working in SL on my MacBook Pro 2.16.
The only negative comment that I have is that the contrast on the mixing board is too dark.
It's a bit hard to look at after a while IMHO. I switched back to a copy of the original mixing board and my eyes immediately felt relieved. I never thought I'd say that about DP's new color scheme. In 7 it seems like they slightly darkened it which makes it not so bad, or maybe it's the contrast level in SL that makes it look darker and yours to dark.

With that said, again, this is very nice work iP. 8)
Last edited by kwiz on Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

looks wonderful!

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

After further observation, I realized that your screenshot of the mixer is slightly lighter than the opened version of your mod on my computer. To me the screen shot looks more pleasing to the eye. Could it be that your mod contrast/color levels got accidentally tweaked out or is the screen shot somehow lighter because of another factor. The original version of DP7 in your screenshot looks lighter than my opened version on my computer as well.
Weird.

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.

F. Douglas
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

I haven't chimed in much or at all with the GUI mod threads for DP6 and 7 because I haven't been using 6 that much and don't have 7 yet. I think it's amazing what you guys are capable of doing. Thanks for sharing.

I find the contrasts overall quite appealing with this one (with every tip of the hat to Amplidood's outstanding accomplishments).

The one thing I struggle with daily is something that happens to my eyes--- maybe it's my astigmatism: my brain fails to process red and blue when they are too close in proximity. The colors jump around wildly and I literally see double for a couple of minutes. That's not a criticism of the GUI modification! Please know that. It's just my spastic corneas.

Once DP7 arrives, I might have to give Aruma a try just for the fun of it.

Thanks, iPerformer.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

Frodo wrote: I find the contrasts overall quite appealing with this one (with every tip of the hat to Amplidood's outstanding accomplishments).

Thanks, iPerformer.
I agree, the contrast looks good in the screenshot but when I open the Aruma mod on my laptop, it appears a bit darker than the screenshot does. Otherwise, it looks amazing!

I have duplicate versions of DP7, one for Amps Gold mod, one for iP's Aruma, and the stock DP7 GUI.
Love having options. :D

F. Douglas
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

kwiz wrote: I agree, the contrast looks good in the screenshot but when I open the Aruma mod on my laptop, it appears a bit darker than the screenshot does. Otherwise, it looks amazing!

I have duplicate versions of DP7, one for Amps Gold mod, one for iP's Aruma, and the stock DP7 GUI.
I recall someone saying something a few weeks back about their gamma settings being changed somehow (darker) when they installed 10.6. DP6.02 in SL seems *brighter* on my end, but then my eyes are no benchmark for anything reliable.

I wonder what would happen if you could match iPerformer's gamma settings just to see if the screenshots matched your laptop reality?
waterstrum
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by waterstrum »

Too funny, it is too dark and contrasty on my machine too.
I love the blue and I wish it looked more like the screenshots.

Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth...

I'm grateful for the hard work to make this version.
All is well
tripit@earthlink.net

Post by tripit@earthlink.net »

SL did indeed go to a different default gamma setting - which is now in line with PC's, so over all it's a darker setting.
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

Frodo wrote:
kwiz wrote: I agree, the contrast looks good in the screenshot but when I open the Aruma mod on my laptop, it appears a bit darker than the screenshot does. Otherwise, it looks amazing!

I recall someone saying something a few weeks back about their gamma settings being changed somehow (darker) when they installed 10.6. DP6.02 in SL seems *brighter* on my end, but then my eyes are no benchmark for anything reliable.

I wonder what would happen if you could match iPerformer's gamma settings just to see if the screenshots matched your laptop reality?
I tried that, but changing the gamma settings is universal, so his screen shot is even brighter and so is everything else on my screen. :lol:
Had to go back to my original screen settings.

Waterstrum, glad to know I'm not alone in this.
I guess misery does love company... :wink:

F. Douglas
iPerformer

Post by iPerformer »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:What systems have you tested this with? Is this free? Is there a website with more information?
Hi MLC!! Sorry but there is no website with more info.
This Mod is now tested on PPC OS X.4.11, and Intel Mac OS X.5 and OS X.6.1 and works flawless.
waxman wrote:Is this working in Snow Leopard?
Hey waxman. As I said to MLC , yes is compatible and the requirements are the same that DP7 req.
Shooshie wrote:looks wonderful!

Shoosh
Hey Shoosh!!!
Thanks! I'm glad you like this one :))
kwiz wrote:After further observation, I realized that your screenshot of the mixer is slightly lighter than the opened version of your mod on my computer. To me the screen shot looks more pleasing to the eye. Could it be that your mod contrast/color levels got accidentally tweaked out or is the screen shot somehow lighter because of another factor. The original version of DP7 in your screenshot looks lighter than my opened version on my computer as well.
Weird.
Hey kwiz!!. I have to say that your observation is correct. As I saved my screenshoots to a website format the color got ligther (my mistake). And I have to say that this Mod was designed on an intel mac book (with leopard) and bright contrast might be diferent from SL but now you can download the new ligther version of Aruma Mod 7.0.1 and please let me know if this one did the trick for you :)
Frodo wrote:I haven't chimed in much or at all with the GUI mod threads for DP6 and 7 because I haven't been using 6 that much and don't have 7 yet. I think it's amazing what you guys are capable of doing. Thanks for sharing.

I find the contrasts overall quite appealing with this one (with every tip of the hat to Amplidood's outstanding accomplishments).

The one thing I struggle with daily is something that happens to my eyes--- maybe it's my astigmatism: my brain fails to process red and blue when they are too close in proximity. The colors jump around wildly and I literally see double for a couple of minutes. That's not a criticism of the GUI modification! Please know that. It's just my spastic corneas.

Thanks, iPerformer.

Hey Frodo!

Thanks a lot for your comment. Maybe in the future I can make a grey version of Aruma Mod for you :)
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

iPerformer wrote:
Hey Frodo!

Thanks a lot for your comment. Maybe in the future I can make a grey version of Aruma Mod for you :)

Oooo-- how about a Gandalf The Grey version? :lol: :lol:

j/k