dedicated dp6 and bpm controllers

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
ssp
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

dedicated dp6 and bpm controllers

Post by ssp »

well i have used dp since it first came out and have always loved it, even in its latest guise i still love using it. however i really needed a virtual meterbridge and mtc display for dp6 and also some form of twin jog/shuttle control with keypad, all assignable.

well the first project which is called hu-mon (yep i have now got c and tm on it) is a desktop hands on programmable interface for dp6 which allows me to access all the features i need to withouta mouse needed at any time. im in the process of doing the face legends forthe unit and also waiting for the endcheeks and front rest to be made out of steamed beech. but apart from that its fuctional even the touch screen is working.

im sure that many like me were really ready with anticipation on the release of bpm only to be let down by no dedicated controller as such, so as i really like bpm and want something thats programmable easily im now in the process of building an exact replica off the unit as a controller, i can however i i feel like it fit an intel atom inside the casework and then use an external screen as a display for the bpm software and use it as a soley stand alone unit.

this is all possible because of the work and free information given out by thorsten klose at ucapps.de where many people build his diy projects or adapt them for other things, i adapted his midimon project for the hu-mon system, and im now going to adapt his mb64e project for the bpm replica.

one thing to note that the bpm will be an exact replica the only thing that wont be on the unit is a big graphical display, this will be replaced with 2 lcd displays, one which is 20x4 and the other which is 20x2 these are red on black and also a micro mtc display unit.

the bpm will be run via usb MIDI and the internal MIDI will be from a gm5 via digital MIDI interface off the gm5.

however i thought i would share the progress with fellow motu users and i will keep you updated on the bpm replica and the first fire up of the unit when its built and the casework is finished.

until then heres some pics and a short video link of the hu-mon and the current parts check on the bpm minus the pads which still havent arrived from the states.

for more info on thorstens kits and projects goto ucapps.de (i hope the mods/admin dont mind me telling the members about thorstens site?)

bpm parts checks.
note the replica knobs! and recessed jog wheel as per the software!!

this was a test panel nothing to scale to see what room i would have on a top display panel section.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
philbrown
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: dedicated dp6 and bpm controllers

Post by philbrown »

:shock:
Damn, that is some serious DIY!!!!!