What's the setting to...

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
PrimeMover
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

What's the setting to...

Post by PrimeMover »

What's the setting so that when you double-click a selection in the track window (either MIDI or audio), it will switch to the MIDI or sequence editor right inside the central consoldated window (instead of opening up a new pane)?

I had it setup this way for DP5.13, but when I trashed all my pref files when installing DP6, everything reverted back, so now double-clicking always opens a new pane in the consoldated window instead of simply switching.

I'm working with a monitor/TV with fairly low vertical resolution (widescreen, not great resolution), so I can't afford to have two central panes open at the same time, but I don't mind the central pane switching. I'm posstive I had it setup this way in DP5.13... but I may have to just use a non-consolidated window for all my editing, which could be a pain.
Mac Pro (Quad 2GHz) | 7GB RAM | Mac OS 10.5.4 (Leopard)
DP6 & DP 5.13 | Kontakt 3 | EWQLSO Gold XP
MOTU 8pre | Alesis QS8.1 Synthesizer
DP6 crashes with ProVerb
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

If it's the same as DP5, go to the preferences window and look under "Edit Windows".

You'll find a list of default prefs for what editor you want to open based on the item being clicked.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
PrimeMover

Post by PrimeMover »

That's not what I think I'm after. I think the settings your refering to simply toggel whether an edit window opens in the consoldated window or in a separate window. What I'm talking about is still having the edit window open in the consoldated window, but have it replace the current pane (tracks window) instead of opening up a new pane below it. I could be mistaken, there could have been an option that I missed... but I looked through it no fewer than 5 times, and I didn't see anything like that, and I remember having it setup to work like that in DP5. Tell me if I'm wrong here.
Mac Pro (Quad 2GHz) | 7GB RAM | Mac OS 10.5.4 (Leopard)
DP6 & DP 5.13 | Kontakt 3 | EWQLSO Gold XP
MOTU 8pre | Alesis QS8.1 Synthesizer
DP6 crashes with ProVerb
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

On the same page that Frodo mentioned there is a "Max number of panes in the CW" which should do the trick. Set it for 2, and then it will start replacing panes instead of opening new ones. Unless it's busted.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|