few newbie questionsa about motu ultralite?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
k13
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

few newbie questionsa about motu ultralite?

Post by k13 »

hi ,

i know the motu ultralite is has many outputs and so i was woundering if it was possible to connect a pair of krk v8s and a v12 sub to the ultralite?

and can i also connect 2 pair of monitors so i can switch between them to check the mixdowns and also connect a sub to it bareing in mind it has many outputs?

thanks.
Pappy725
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Pappy725 »

You get 8 analog outs plus the Main Outs (which have a front panel control), you would have to set up the 2.1 in your audio software to have the 2 sets of monitors and the sub. Of course, you could use the Main Outs for one of the sets of monitors.
Take a look:
http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/ ... rview.html

Stephen
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
2.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, OS High Sierra 10.13.2, DP8.07, 256GB SSD
828mkII, 8Pre, Alesis M1 Active Mk2, Ext. FW drives, Yamaha fretless bass, Kay upright bass, Wechter acoustic/electric, trombone, baritone and a proclivity for polka music. (With sufficient quantities of beer) and I play country music.
k13
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by k13 »

i see thanks for the reply really helpfull...so that would mean i can also switch between 2 pair of monitors from the software by just muting the channels right ?
Pappy725
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Pappy725 »

That sounds right to me. Bound to be some way to set up the routing in your software so you only have to mute one bus or aux

Stephen.
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
2.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, OS High Sierra 10.13.2, DP8.07, 256GB SSD
828mkII, 8Pre, Alesis M1 Active Mk2, Ext. FW drives, Yamaha fretless bass, Kay upright bass, Wechter acoustic/electric, trombone, baritone and a proclivity for polka music. (With sufficient quantities of beer) and I play country music.