DP 5.12 is Here

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 5.12 is Here

Post by HCMarkus »

Who's gonna' try it first? Posted today, 5/2/2007 :)
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 14.5 • DP 11.32
sdfalk

Post by sdfalk »

Im a going for it...heyukkk!!! :lol:
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Downloading it now just for my laptop-- might wait to risk it on the towers (mid project).

Thanks for the tip-- wasn't expecting it, but I guess it's been just about a year since 5.0, hasn't it?
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
chrispick
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by chrispick »

I'm a going for it too...heyukkk heyukkk!!!!!!

Hey, it says it now works with multiple bit depths. Well, bust my britches!
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Cloned my DP Partition with 5.11 and am installing now. Fingers crossed. Note MOTU says you must get the latest Altiverb to use with DP 5.12.
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 14.5 • DP 11.32
Phil Jeffers

Post by Phil Jeffers »

I can't download it??? I have a paid version of DP 5, and have upgraded to 5.11... all paid for, all legal!!! I thought your serial number stayed the same for all upgrades?
Eleventh Hour Sound

Post by Eleventh Hour Sound »

I went online to their site, logged in and tried to download it but it said that DP wasn't registered to my user name (There's never been a problem before) and then when I tried to update my registration by adding my DP serial # but it wouldn't accept it. It would be nice if MOTU sent an eMail notification of updates, but I guess that's what the UN is for : )
Last edited by Eleventh Hour Sound on Wed May 02, 2007 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DP11.1, 16" MacBookPro 2.3Ghz 8 Core i9's 32GB Ram 1TB SSD, (2) external 1TB Samsung SSD's , Steven Slate SSD 5.5 and Trigger Drums, ML-1 Mic and VSX Headphones, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Ivory2, EW, MSI, MX-4, Philharmonik 2, Komplete, Reason, Live, Melodyne, IK Multi's Total Studio, ARC, T-RackS, SampleTron, AMG's KickA--Brass. and my beloved guitars :-)
blue

Post by blue »

Yea, it looks like you have to have DP registered to your MOTU account to dl updates now.

Multiple bit depths is awesome. I wish it did multiple sample rates too, but what are you gonna do?

I don't get the new audio names convention. If it automatically names files with extensions, does that mean you can work with other file types natively? If so, why no mention of that directly. Confusing.
chrispick

Post by chrispick »

Go to MOTU's home page. Click the Downloads link...

There, click on the Mac Apple...

Then, pick Digital Performer from the side bar. That takes you to the DP Overview page.

Then, click on Software Updates from that side bar.

That should take you to the update download page.

I'm running 5.12 right now. Just testing some old mixes. So far, so groovy.
martian

Post by martian »

me too!!

I don't have my seial number with me ( it 's not the key code in the back of my red book is it?

What do the release notes say? Can't wait til I get home to dig the box out...
macpro 3 gig - 5 Gig RAM 10.6.3 Motu 2408 mk 2 Mackie HUI DP 7.21 intel imac 3 gig ram traveller OS 10.6.3

http://www.fork-media.com
martian

Post by martian »

hey thanks chris pick!

that's downloading for me now too!
macpro 3 gig - 5 Gig RAM 10.6.3 Motu 2408 mk 2 Mackie HUI DP 7.21 intel imac 3 gig ram traveller OS 10.6.3

http://www.fork-media.com
blue

Post by blue »

Digital Performer 5.12 Read Me

DAE Minimum System Requirements:
In order to use Digital Performer 5.12 as a front end for your Pro Tools HD system, you must be running OS 10.4.7 or later and Pro Tools version 7.1cs9 or later. MOTU has tested and qualified up to Pro Tools version 7.3.1cs2 on both PowerPC and Intel based Apple Desktop Systems.

As new versions of Pro Tools/DAE are released please check www.motu.com for qualification updates.

Working With Multiple Bit Depths:
In DP 5.12, you can now freely mix and match 16-bit and 24-bit files and they all will play back and otherwise operate normally. For more information on this new functionality please refer to the DP 5.12 addendum.pdf in your MOTU DP5 Folder.

Audio File Names:
Digital Performer now writes file names with the type extension at the very end of the name. This makes audio files created by Digital Performer even more compatible with other popular audio software programs on Mac and Windows. Note, however, that DP 5.12's naming scheme is incompatible with earlier versions of Digital Performer. Therefore, if you wish to migrate a project back to an earlier version of Digital Performer, you must use the Save As... command and duplicate the audio to rewrite the project's audio files with file names that the earlier version of DP can handle. For more information on this new functionality please refer to the DP 5.12 addendum.pdf in your MOTU DP5 Folder.

Displaying a Blank Movie Window Background For Visual Cues:
When choosing a movie (by choosing Movie from the Project Menu or by clicking the Choose button in the movie track info pane in the Sequence Editor), there is a new button called Use Blank Movie. This option can be used for any purpose, but it was added specifically for the purpose of providing a convenient, blank background for film score event visual cues. For more information on this new functionality please refer to the DP 5.12 addendum.pdf in your MOTU DP5 Folder.

Attention users of VST Wrapper, Altiverb and other Audio Ease products:
Regardless of whether your Mac is PowerPC or Intel, be sure to download and install the very latest versions of VST Wrapper, Altiverb and other Audio Ease software products before you attempt to run them with Digital Performer 5.12. Audio Ease has recently updated these products to ensure compatibility with Digital Performer 5.12.

Add Instrument Track:
There is a new option in the Project > Add Instrument Tracks menu named Add Instruments... Selecting this will bring up a dialog that allows you to choose how many of the selected instrument to add, how many MIDI Tracks to add that will be assigned to the selected instrument, and whether or not the new Instrument and MIDI Tracks get added to a new Track Folder. If you create multiple MIDI tracks and the Instrument you choose has multiple MIDI Destinations, Digital Performer will map each MIDI device to a separate channel.

General:
Control-Clicking on the track name in the Sequence Editor, Mixing Board and V-Rack allows you to set the Track Color.

Surround Tracks in the Mixing Board now display their surround meters. This does not apply to mono or stereo tracks with surround outputs.
Eleventh Hour Sound

Post by Eleventh Hour Sound »

DP11.1, 16" MacBookPro 2.3Ghz 8 Core i9's 32GB Ram 1TB SSD, (2) external 1TB Samsung SSD's , Steven Slate SSD 5.5 and Trigger Drums, ML-1 Mic and VSX Headphones, Omnisphere 2, Trilian, Ivory2, EW, MSI, MX-4, Philharmonik 2, Komplete, Reason, Live, Melodyne, IK Multi's Total Studio, ARC, T-RackS, SampleTron, AMG's KickA--Brass. and my beloved guitars :-)
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

What about the "TOOL TIPS"?, and phantom logout?
828x MacOS 14.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.32
sdfalk

Post by sdfalk »

Working well.
A fairly large session appears to run just as well as before.
Imported a 16 bit sample and..weeeeee my 41st birthday came a
month earl...wait a minute..that's nothing to celebrate... :lol:
having a 16 bit sample in a 24bit session was mighty cool though.