Traveler Dead?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
Sheva
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Sheva »

Good news:

I have taken the second firewire port, updates to 10.4.8 and installed the brand new MUA-Drivers from Motu. Now, it works.

Thanks to Motu, great work.

---> Load the new "Driver Version" from the Download Center and then, it will work. If not, try to change the FW port or change the cable. I've used the same, and even the port should work, so I thinkm this is based on the drivers ;)

Good luck everyone
delphidebrain
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by delphidebrain »

magicd wrote:If the Traveler gets power from the Firewire bus of the computer, you haven't fried the Firewire port on the Traveler. If you stick the Firewire cable in upside down, you will definitely fry the Firewire port on the Traveler.

If the MOTU Audio Setup recognizes the Traveler, the driver is installed and working. If that connection drops out in and out, the most likely cause is a bad Firewire cable, or possibly multiple Firewire devices under XP SP2, or possibly multipole Firewire devices under any OS but with lots of long cables.

Disconnect all other Firewire devices. Try a different cable. Try the other Firewire port on the Traveler. If the Traveler is still going on and off line at that point, contact MOTU tech support for a possible return and repair.

Magic Dave
I think and the (manual of the traveler says) its better to use the dc adapter then fw buspower.
Delphi
aerosolska
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by aerosolska »

ok, how about this.

the traveller bus powers on and power supplies powers on,
however the computer does not recognize any uemix DSP device.

i have downloaded and installed the new drivers, however the traveller freezes up during the "firmware update" -- and never moves past that stage.

i have tried a different firewire cable, and uninstalled re-installed.

any ideas?

thanks,

jaimie.