828 mkII USB and Powercore

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
jorlund
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

828 mkII USB and Powercore

Post by jorlund »

Hi.

I'm trying to make my new 828 run together with Powercore PCI and Powercore PCI mkII on Win XP Pro Sp2.

This doesn't work. When inserting Powercore plugins the 828 blinks its leds, making high freq noises and stops playing. :?

The host application hangs and can't be terminated until I switch of the 828 to release the audio drivers... :x

Anyone out there that can help...?
karhide
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by karhide »

I've just bought a Motu 828 MKII USB and I'm having problems with Sonar hanging. I'm going to test my laptop with a firewire version at the weekend at the shop I bought the interface from at the weekend and see if I get the same problems.

What software are you using?

Is any one using the Motu 828 MKII USB without problems?
jorlund
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by jorlund »

I've tried this with Logic and Wavelab...
Everything under the sun is in tune...
...but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
calaveras

Post by calaveras »

I am using the 828MKII firewire with sonar 5 and a TC powercore element. I only have problems when I try and use one disk for audio and the programs.
828MkII w/BLA mod, Digi R1 control surface, Logic 8, Sonar 8.3PE , TC Powercore, Waldorf Edition, XP SP3, OS X Leopard, XILs, Stillwell Plugs
karhide

Post by karhide »

I swapped the USB version out with the shops firewire version while they ordered a replacement for me but weeks later they still cannot get hold of one so I've decided to swap to the RME Fireface 400 because I' pretty fed up with the hassles of Motu.

I've still had no reply from the Support department so the wholw motu thing seems like a joke. I love the hardware but if you have problems it seems like your on your own and for the price you pay I would expect a little more.