Many instruments missing after install...

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

synthfreek
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Many instruments missing after install...

Post by synthfreek »

I just purchased MSI and installed/upgraded to 1.1.1. I'm using Logic Pro 7.1 as the sequencer/host. I'm having a few problems.

The main snag is that a bunch of instruments are missing from the preset screen. No pianos, no pipe organs, no saxophones, no mallets, no historical instruments & no percussions. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it appears to be exactly the same. Any ideas? The only way I can hear a piano is loading up a combo type patch with a violin/piano or cello/piano. What should be available when I click the load button? The first time I tried there were a bunch of greyed out patches called Bank01, 02, etc. I searched for msi in a finder window and browsed for the main msi folder through the load window. There are 3 folders within that that read: Performances, Bundle & Dat. Under Perfomances it's: Convolution, Fast Reverb & Xtra. This is where I'm loading the patches. Is that not right?

Another problem is upon loading a patch I have to randomly press keys up and down my MIDI controller(Korg MicroKontrol) until I finally trigger the patch somehow. This usually happens all the way down on the lowest octave. Only at that point am I able to play elsewhere on the keyboard. I'm convinced that this has nothing to do with key ranges and such because keys that don't trigger the patch initially work right after I find the "magic key". What's the deal?

Another thing is that the "make alias" option is also greyed out when I try to make an alias for the dat file. The data is on a separate Audio partition and the regular install is on the System partition. Is this creating my problems?

Eric
synthfreek
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by synthfreek »

I think I may have figured everything out.
Thanks.