Show your DP in action (Studio Screenshots)...

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
twistedtom
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by twistedtom »

Last edited by twistedtom on Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

Spikey Horse
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Spikey Horse »

Twisted Tom, love the studio - and the setting!

Something tells me you're not making furious twisted urban beats and ghetto mantras over an industrial wasteland of sampled (broken) machinery and grey noise* textures........ but maybe you are..? :wink:

*grey noise ..hmmmm ... not quite sure what this actually is.... will have to try and make some 'grey noise' tonight :) ... some white noise, a splash of pink noise, a fender twin, some distortion pedals and some very bad leads..... ?
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

Spikey for the most part I play rock and blues. I like alternet, classic, hard rock, metal, industrial, punk, ect. I have dived into jazz, big band country, urban, trance, ect. for fun I have Acid Pro and a ton of samples.
So yes and no. I feel all music is good.
Gutairs
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/t ... mf/gt1.jpg
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

Last edited by twistedtom on Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

This is just our play room in our house we don't record for money. Some of the studios people have posted have such nice gear I drool over the photos.
Last edited by twistedtom on Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hey Twistedtom, instead of posting new replies, you can edit your posts by clicking the "edit" button on them (after you've logged in). Cleans up the thread quite a bit. You can also delete the posts that have bad links.

Your place looks nice.
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Show your DP in action (Studio Screenshots)...

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

grimepoch wrote:So, now that you've seen mine, show me yours. :)
Damn! No studio shots yet, but a new website. Does that count?

http://www.MidiLifeCrisis.com
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
grimepoch

Post by grimepoch »

Okay, we'll let that count ;) I am going to need to update my picture soon. New gear, new paint, some how I've been spending more time working on the ambience of the studio than the music...hmmm...but maybe I'll get more done later :)
[MacPro-4x2.66/7G/OSX10.5.2 - 2x896HD - ADA8000 - Lucid Genx6 - DP5.13 - Logic 8.02 - 2xUAD1e - ExpressXT - Mach5 - MX4 - Korg LegD - impOSCar - Battery3 - uTonic - Rapture - DimPro - Vanguard - Reaktor5 - Absynth4 - FM8 - Pro53 - Vokator - Waldorf Ed - Addictive Drums - Melodyne - Ultra Analog - Zebra2 - WaveArts - - Altiverb - Etc. ]
[Virus TI - Virus B - Waldorf Q - Waldorf uwXT - Supernova II - Nord Rack 3 - JP8080 - XV5080 - Fantom X7 - Triton Rack - Pro/cussion]
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Not all studios are big or even in acoustically designed rooms. When I'm engineering a big project, it's invariably somewhere else. Thus, my space is a project studio which only need satisfy my own requirements: efficiency and compactness. Compact for two reasons: 1) I don't have a lot of room to begin with, and 2) when I've got headphones on and a WX-5 strapped around my neck, I don't want to have to get up and walk around the room to get what I need. So, my space is designed to have everything within arm's reach. MIDI keyboard and Mac keyboard occupy the same vertical space, sometimes with the desktop closed, and other times with it open. Mac keyboard and trackball are wireless, so they relocate easily. Trackball sits on its own roll-out stand when the Kurzweil is out. It's right by my side, which is a comfortable position from which to work.

My Tannoy and Yamaha NS10M monitors are not where I would like them to be. They're actually behind the workspace (in front of me, but farther away than I would like. For now, that's a condition I have to live with. I also use the SoundSticks and my Sony MDR 7509 headphones, with varying results.

You can see pictures of the building of my workstation desk here.

I just wanted to show that a studio can be very functional for your own purposes, without having to build an architectural mecca to house it.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
grimepoch

Post by grimepoch »

Very cool! Thanks for sharing! I am in the process of redesigning my desk as well. First of course is me deciding which controller I want to use, I am thinking of trying out the Remote SL 61 from Novation that just came out. I'll be sure to take some pictures of the progress when I get started. I am integrating it with the hutch I built in the first picture.
[MacPro-4x2.66/7G/OSX10.5.2 - 2x896HD - ADA8000 - Lucid Genx6 - DP5.13 - Logic 8.02 - 2xUAD1e - ExpressXT - Mach5 - MX4 - Korg LegD - impOSCar - Battery3 - uTonic - Rapture - DimPro - Vanguard - Reaktor5 - Absynth4 - FM8 - Pro53 - Vokator - Waldorf Ed - Addictive Drums - Melodyne - Ultra Analog - Zebra2 - WaveArts - - Altiverb - Etc. ]
[Virus TI - Virus B - Waldorf Q - Waldorf uwXT - Supernova II - Nord Rack 3 - JP8080 - XV5080 - Fantom X7 - Triton Rack - Pro/cussion]
kelldammit
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by kelldammit »

my little piece 'o heaven. as you can tell, i keep things portable. you can't see the rear speakers, etc...but you get the idea. pretty spartan rack...so embarrassing!!! the guitars are all in the back closet...i'll have to take another shot of more of the room, and the guitars...
i think i'm gonna rack the traveller, and pick up a micro for portable use...
man, some of you guys' rooms are to DIE for...great pics everyone!
i wish i could do something like that...but...apartment dwelling has its price :(

kell
Last edited by kelldammit on Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
ASUS 2.5ghz i7 laptop, 32Gb RAM, win10 x64, RME Babyface, Akai MPK-61, Some Plugins, Guitars and Stuff, Lava Lamps.
logo80

Post by logo80 »

Ok Ok, I'm ugly but this is the most update pic of part of my little studio...
regards, Lorenzo
Jidis

Post by Jidis »

kwiz @oldguitars wrote:Nice studio furniture!!!
Did you make it?
I like it too. I like that mahogany'ish finish.

If you did do it, what's the actual veneer/trim? It's got a smooth looking clear grain to it. (birch?)

I wish I had the balls to do something cool looking like that. I've been trying to play it "safe" with black melamine/formica and the usual oak trim. I did manage to get it a bit less "mass produced" looking, by using wax on my current trim rather than poly or anything. It kept a smooth, pale look, rather than the halloween black & orange thing I used to get on red oak. Got a small "production" area in the works for my tracking room now, where I'm actually going to go beige melamine with a walnut stained poplar trim (even some traditional looking molding involved).

Good Work!

George

PS- Of course, if I had to run through oldguitars' place on a ten minute shopping spree, I'd go for those white marine pearl Luddy's first. 8)
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

This is a decker brothers victorian that has been restored.