DP 6.01 behaving well anyone else?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
catamaru
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP 6.01 behaving well anyone else?

Post by catamaru »

mine is working perfect ..lot's of pluggins ..pluggo bundle too ..love the gui perhaps with a tona darkness like protools 8 but design per se is beautiful
waxman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 6.01 behaving well anyone else?

Post by waxman »

hotsausage wrote:
90% my friends and people i work with use Logic and have fantastic results. the sound of their mixsdowns seem to have better imaging as well as an overall tighter sound. maybe it's just me, but i've listened to enough of them to know there's something to it. and i'm not talking about mastered versions, mostly pre mixes.
sounds like you know what you are getting into. You will be fine with Logic. Sorry you are not getting what you need out of DP6... so far it is great for me. The last thing was getting Liquid Mix working and the new drivers that came out on NOV 4 seemed to do the trick...

I use Logic as a big VI through Soundflower with DP as the master. The price of Logic is so cheap that it is worth having just for that. And if DP ever becomes unusable Logic is a great alternative. I am puzzled on the starting the project and having trouble in DP 6... Sounds like a firewire issue to me. One thing that will help is do a OMF transfer to Logic and if the same thing happens (which did in my case) it may lead you to the culprit...

good luck
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.