Official DP 8 tracking label/receipt area

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Gravity Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Official DP 8 tracking label/receipt area

Post by Gravity Jim »

Mine arrived yesterday, but no time to install... later this week, perhaps. Can't wait to see it run.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I called today to find that MOTU does not have an automatic process for what they are now calling "courtesy upgrades" to DP 8 for those of us who bought 7 after NAMM.

I double-checked my email and, sure enough, it says only that I wouldn't be charged for DP 8, not that they would send it when ready.

If you do not phone or email, you will not get your upgrade.

I will refrain from some nonsensical rant about what I am or am not entitled to. There are many companies that work this way nowadays and the action speaks for itself. It has to save them money, that is certain.

Thanks to those who suggested that I call. I would have waited a long time while the rest of you got to play with the new toy.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

New toy installed. :)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Up and running, preferences set... running "Turkish Delight" for now. It looks like my copy of the aftermarket theme "MellowGold" won't load, which is fine because (and yes, I know this is blasphemy) I only used it a couple of days and then turned it off and forgot I had it... it didn't look good in my room, I guess. Ready for shakedown. Doing a couple of real simple tracking things today, spend some time running through plug ins and stuff.

SInce I have been using Logic, I'm not going to launch DP in 32-bit mode, thereby avoiding some pitfalls I've read about here: if I just can't work without a given 32-bit plug, I'll work in Logic... at least until UA and Anatares finish their 64-bit versions. Might have to eventually buy an upgrade to my Arturia synths, though... I don't know that they will ever do a 64-bit version of the entry level Analog Player, although they've already done the Analog Factory in 64-bit.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
MIDI Life Crisis

I played with the themes and frankly I just go back to the default as I have in all versions of DP. The darker colors require more effort and the wood panel themes are just a distraction. In Finale I do a lot more tweaking of the GUI. What is very cool (and MOTU might think about it) is the entire background can change. So instead of "white" paper, you can have parchment or choose your color. That's pretty cool and improves the attractiveness of the screen overall. You also have a choice of tool pallet designs independent from the color choices.

But I certainly don't have any problem with the current design of DP out of the box.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
jbyerly1

Post by jbyerly1 »

Yeah! It's here! :headbang:
Mac Pro 4,1, OS 10.9.5, 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1066 MHz, DP 8.07, Apogee Ensemble, UA SOLO 610, Euphonix MC Control & MC mix, JBL Monitors, Ocean Way Drums Gold, Komplete 7, Waves Classic Studio Bundle,Stylus RMX, iZotope RX,1TB glyph Drive, Carvin 6 string Bass
http://www.HorizonEntertainment-NC.com
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

Had to leave for work and by chance looked down a side street while driving out of my neighborhood and spotted the ups truck! \m/ Doing some painting right now so I have to wait to instal but it's in my paws!
I love the new themes, I generally use carbon fiber red or motools, but my studio is pretty dimly lite so...
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Just got the email. Oct 10 for me.

I feel like breaking into a Buddy Holly song. Any one will do... :koolaid:
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

I got it yesterday, i'll be installing it today. :headbang:
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
MIDI Life Crisis

Don't forget to update your LAME stuff boyz. Your gonna have some fun. :)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Got the LAMEness worked out sans trouble, thanks to Mr. Steele.

Halfway through my first pass at relearning the manual... found a bunch of cool tips 'n' tricks I didn't know.
Jim Bordner