DP8 Quick Poll

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Klaus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP8 Quick Poll

Post by Klaus »

Rick Averill wrote:I hate upgrades. For me they mean forking out money that I don't have for improvements that often aren't improvements at all, just a new way of doing the same old things. And they bring with them a new set of bugs that have to be dealt with and often other apps that also must be upgraded. So I put off upgrading as long as possible.

I was perfectly happy with my Walkman and my VHS, thank you. :wink:
YES

The hardware playthru bug isn't fixed since dp4.61...

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=44574" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Klaus
macguy

Post by macguy »

I'd love to just have a 64 bit true native DAW... period! Have the RAM, have the power, and have a foundation for the future. Can't wait till MOTU's press release and I'll wait till the 8.12 version he he...
Klaus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Klaus »

macguy wrote:snip
and have a foundation for the future.snip
How long do you think this future will last until Apple makes some changes to force customers again...
The concept of the long lasting mac box is a thing of the past...
at least what software will be running on it...
Yes I know, manpower to program etc...

Klaus