The mother of all DP manual threads.

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

a_real_mf wrote:my friend, a devout church goer was going to xmas service, he told me he had lost his bible, you know, the big book with the fancy cover.... so we put a fancy cover on the "other" bigbook and hoped no one, particularly the BIG GUY would notice

talk about spreading holiday cheer.....

(i could be going to hell for this , but at least i'll be with all you guys!)
Must have been a great sermon! "In the beginning, there was the patch change, and the Lord saw and and that it was good. And on the second day, there was the kernal panic, and darkness crept upon the face of the GUI. And HE smote the bug, and that was good."

Yes, we may be going to hell, but the drinks are better there. Remember: Good girls go to heaven. Bad girls go EVERYWHERE! :)

See you and the cave entrance.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
a_real_mf

Post by a_real_mf »

right on , delta dawn!!!!
a real "mf" production

http://www.arealmf.com
RCory

Post by RCory »

I don't have a manual because I was cold and had to build a huge bon fire with it to keep warm... besides, I thought the quickstart was all I needed!

:lol:
RCory

Post by RCory »

dixiechicken wrote:I dont have the manual because, one night when I was up creating the next Michael Jackson hit, I was attacked by an evil black hole.
*yikes!* was the black hole connected to Michael Jackson!?
dixiechicken

Post by dixiechicken »

RCory!

Yes as you perhaps know Michael Jackson has the worlds smallest Swchartschild-radius - hence he is actually a black hole. 8)
( I'm bad i'm bad... :wink: )

Cheers: Dixiechicken
Last edited by dixiechicken on Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
------
My God it's full of stars....
------
Mac Pro 6-Core Intel Nehalem/Xeon 2.93 GHz 32-GB ram, OS-X 10.13.5-Swe, DP-9.52, Unisyn-2.11, 828-MkII,MTP-AV usb, Latest drvs, Wavearts plugs, Kurzweil-2000, Proteus-2000, EPS-16, Pod-II,
Digitech RP-155, Soundcraft UI-16, Emes Kobalt monitors.
------
dixiechicken

Post by dixiechicken »

I dont have the DP-manual because after my purchase of DP I was contacted by the South African Chamber of Commerce.

They claimed the bush-peoples fron the Kalahari desert were specially interested in chapter about "freezing tracks" and made me an offer I coundn't refuse.

( I mean I've seen the Godfather-movies - you get the picture )

------
------
Mac Pro 6-Core Intel Nehalem/Xeon 2.93 GHz 32-GB ram, OS-X 10.13.5-Swe, DP-9.52, Unisyn-2.11, 828-MkII,MTP-AV usb, Latest drvs, Wavearts plugs, Kurzweil-2000, Proteus-2000, EPS-16, Pod-II,
------
Spikey Horse
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Spikey Horse »

I do have my own manual - honest - and I have read the relevant chapters concerning my problem, but I just thought it couldn't do any harm to ask around and see what everyone else's manuals have to say about it.
qo

Post by qo »

I got home tonight and "launam" was painted in red and really large on my wall. I looked in the mirror and it said "manual."

That was pretty scary.
Spikey Horse

Post by Spikey Horse »

qo - that's a scary film alright ... or is it?

http://www.kottke.org/plus/misc/shining_redux.mov

OK while I'm here I might as well ....um... I don't have a manual because my teacher from Berklee College of Music borrowed it and still hasn't given it back.
qo

Post by qo »

Spikey Horse wrote:qo - that's a scary film alright ... or is it?
Man, that's hilarious! And it's one of the best examples I've ever seen/heard of the role of music in setting the mood for a film :-)
Spikey Horse

Post by Spikey Horse »

Yes it is good isn't it! I think there are a few of these for different films floating around the web.
Newsles

Post by Newsles »

I dont have a manual because I'm a software pirate......errr :wink:

(I hope people realise that's a joke!!!!! :shock: )

Why has this thread stopped? Ive only just discovered it, and it's the best one yet!
I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the anwser I gave a moment ago...G4-upgraded G3, DP2.72, Korg 1212 card, Fostex 8-channel AD/DA converter, Korg DW8000, Novation Basstation, Kork M1rEX, Vintage Keys Plus, Akai S2000, Transcendent 2000 monosynth, Presonus ACP8 8-channel comp/gate, Behringer Multicom, Zoom and Yamaha external FX and a few other bits and pieces!
Harry

Post by Harry »

I don't have a manual because I can't read.....

I can only write......

But because I can't read I don't know what I'm writing.....

Anyone can help me!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
OS 10.14.6, iMac i7.3,5 with 32 GB Ram, 828x, Miditimepiece AV, DP 10.00 (ger.)
MachFive 3, MSi, Ethno 1, Omnisphere 2, Sampletank 4, Forest Kingdom II, Desert Winds, EWQLSO-Silver, Real Guitar 2, VLP120, PLP120, VCP120, Liquid Saxophones, Elastic, The Resource, Wave Arts PowerSuite 4+5 and Master Restoration, Kontaktplayer, Absynth 5, Ni Action Strings etc.
qo

Post by qo »

Sung to the tune of Chicago's "Does Anybody Really Know what Time it is?"

As I was walking down the street one day
A man came up to me and asked me where's the page that helped with word clock, yeah
And I said

Does anybody really have a manual?
Does anybody really care?
If so I can••™t imagine why
My manual? I gave it to this guy...

And I was walking down the street one day
A pretty lady looked at me and said her Digital Timepiece stopped cold dead
And I said

Does anybody really have a manual?
Does anybody really care?
If so I can••™t imagine why
My manual? I lost it, my oh my!
dixiechicken

Post by dixiechicken »

qo!

Shame on you for pretending to make that up. 8)
That's the original lyrics to the song.

James pankow Peter Cetera Terry Kath Danny S & the others had to change those lyrics, into the very lyrics they eventually recorded on the album.

James Steele called them to task, and said that he was thinking about
booting them off this board & blocking their ip-numbers. :evil:

As you know James is very strict about any encouragement towards software-piracy.
I quite agre with James, some 120 million records later or so, the boys could darn well afford to get DP legally. :lol:

Last edited by dixiechicken on Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
------
------
------