BFD3 (Stereo) won't show up

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
dix
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: BFD3 (Stereo) won't show up

Post by dix »

HCMarkus wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:31 am They are selling BFD on the cheap. Another reason for concern re: future development.

Wish I went with Toontracks all those years ago... SD3 is Apple Silicon Native and clearly actively maintained.
Yeah, me too. BFD smokes any of my Kontakt drum libraries, but I've never tied Toontracks.

Glad to see that BFD at least saying there's an M1 version coming - I can only get BFD to not crash DP if I use it via VEP currently. I don't think I'll bother with this complicated, reregistering rigamarole until there's a UB version.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:31 pm
HCMarkus wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:19 pm Also, there are apparently some serial number shenanigans required to make data from BFD1 and 2 and some expansions work in BFD3 now:

https://forum.bfddrums.com/t/read-this- ... ssions/194

I think you have to post a few times to get PM Privileges.
Which begs the question: Could they have made this any more confusing?
Yes. They could mimic the Waves process for installation of more than one version of the wrappers.
2018 Mini i7 32G macOS 12.6, DP 11.32, Mixbus 10, Logic 10.7, Scarlett 18i8
towerproductions

Post by towerproductions »

What nightmare trying to install BFD3 . Took a while to figure out the serial problem and then was able to install . That installers app is a joke . Couldn't open the installer update for the longest time I have the content on my sample HD but don't see any AU or VSTs in my plugin folders and nothing shows up in DP . What am I missing ?
thanks Craig

Update : never mind finally got it loaded. It's good thing it was cheap $49 not that I really need it with my Toontrack and other drum libraries .
DP11.1, Mac Pro 3.33 / 12-core, 96GB RAM, Mac OS 10.14.6
2 MOTU 2408 mk3s Black Lion mod, , UA Apollo Quad, UAD 2 Octo PCIe,
a bunch of EW Play,Opus, Spitfire, Sine,UVI, Kontakt Komplete Ultimate, VE Pro 7, Falcon, DSP Quattro, AmpliTube 5,and way too many others.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

towerproductions wrote:Update : never mind finally got it loaded. It's good thing it was cheap $49 not that I really need it with my Toontrack and other drum libraries .
I was thinking about getting this since it’s so cheap right now. Although I already have a few working drum VIs including Superior Drummer 3, EZ Drummer 2, Addictive Drums 2, and (now abandoned) DrumCore 4. I’m able to run DrumCore 4 in DP running AS native by using the Blue Cat Audio PatchWork AU as a shell.

Might you share what you did to get this working so as to save other users some headaches? I’m very tempted, although I did receive an email today from Toontrack with a Black Friday discount off the EZ Drummer 2 to EZ Drummer 3 upgrade so I might go for that instead. EZ Drummer 3 appears to have some pretty cool new features.

FXpansion is claiming they will release a new, Apple Silicon native version of BFD so it might be worthwhile to jump on board, but give how long it’s been since they updated it, I’m a bit skeptical. How do you like working with it so far? From the screen captures I’ve seen, the GUI looks rather spartan and dated.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!