Sweetwater / MOTUNATION Giveaway WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Tripi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Sweetwater / MOTUNATION 8 Pre & MC Transport Giveaway!

Post by Tripi »

That's really cool of you guys. I would love to see Sweetwater more active in discussions here (not that Brad's input isn't great). Thanks for doing this.
12-Core Mac Pro, OS: Sierra w/ DP9 - always the latest version. Love of film music.
sourgrapes

Post by sourgrapes »

+1000 for sweewater and james for putting this together

alan carter (sorry brad :wink:) has been my guy for a few years now, and it has always been a super experience for me!
Mac Pro 2.8 8 Core / 18G RAM / 10.6.2 / DP 7.21 / FCS 2 / UAD 1+2 / Waves Renn Maxx / Waves Gold / Komplete 5 / EWQL Play / Samplemoog / Sampletron / Stylus RMX / GForce Future Retro / Guru / Lounge Lizard EP-3 / Kore 2 / Ampeg SVX / Reason 4 / Arturia 10 Year Suite / Izotope Ozone 4 / 828mkII / 8Pre / KRK VXT4 / BlueSky Sub8 / Lavry Blue AD/DA / Euphonix MC Mix and MC Transport...and one beautiful 1982 Prophet 5 Rev 3.3.
apanacci

Post by apanacci »

Great James. I think you have chosen a very good company! Just entered, good luck to all!
2009 8 Core 5.1, 2012 6 Core MacPro,s , (32 gigs Ram) Mojave 14.6, Radeon 570, MacBookPros 2011, 2017 , 828MKIII Hybrid, 828X, MicroBook II, 8Pre, Nuendo 8ch A/D converter, PreSonus DigiMax LT ,DP11 , PT 2022.12, Cubase Elements 10.5, Peak 7, Logic 9 ,WaveLab 11, Reason 10, DSP-Quattro 5 ,many plugins , mics and synths. http://www.panaccimusic.com
bOing

Post by bOing »

apanacci wrote:Great James. I think you have chosen a very good company! Just entered, good luck to all!
Don't forget to read the fine print. "The devil is in the details." See line 2.

:)
Success is just one more plugin away! And happiness is as close as your next upgrade.
adeptusmajor
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by adeptusmajor »

bOing wrote: Don't forget to read the fine print. "The devil is in the details." See line 2.

:)

i'm more interested in rule #7

can you really kill yourself with these things?

sounds like some serious gear

i hope i win
bOing

Post by bOing »

adeptusmajor wrote:
bOing wrote: Don't forget to read the fine print. "The devil is in the details." See line 2. :)
i'm more interested in rule #7

can you really kill yourself with these things? sounds like some serious gear i hope i win
That last point concerns me though. Sounds like they can just call you up anytime and if you're not home, they can hit on your wife or daughter in talking about their "exceptional gear."
Success is just one more plugin away! And happiness is as close as your next upgrade.
gavspen

Post by gavspen »

James Steele wrote: Except for me! :lol: Being the sole "employee" of MOTUNATION... lol... I and my family (that means my cat, Jet) are ineligible! DRAT!! :evil:
Why James? I see the restriction for Sweetwater people, but I dont see any mention of Motunation. What did I miss?

Cool. I'm in.

Gavin
Mac mini M1, 14.3.1, 16gigs RAM, 828 mk3 Hybrid, DP 11.23, Various VIs
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

gavspen wrote:
James Steele wrote: Except for me! :lol: Being the sole "employee" of MOTUNATION... lol... I and my family (that means my cat, Jet) are ineligible! DRAT!! :evil:
Why James? I see the restriction for Sweetwater people, but I dont see any mention of Motunation. What did I miss?

Cool. I'm in.

Gavin
Well even if it's not spelled out, I'm recusing myself... and my cat! Could you imagine the uproar and sorts of accusations that would be made in the unlikely event that I won? Not worth it.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Pappy725

Post by Pappy725 »

Well, I'm hoping the NEVE 4081 I won last year doesn't jinx it for me. I love new toys! Especially free ones. :D

James, I seem to remember in a thread long ago and far away :wink: that Jet is the actual owner and proprietor of MotuNation. Personally, I think you're off the hook. Go ahead and enter :)

Thanks again for this great place to hang out and possibly win some of our favorite company's gear!!!

Pappy
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
2.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, OS High Sierra 10.13.2, DP8.07, 256GB SSD
828mkII, 8Pre, Alesis M1 Active Mk2, Ext. FW drives, Yamaha fretless bass, Kay upright bass, Wechter acoustic/electric, trombone, baritone and a proclivity for polka music. (With sufficient quantities of beer) and I play country music.
ghobish

Post by ghobish »

Nice work, James- thanks!
Gary Hobish
A. Hammer Mastering & Digital Media
San Francisco, Ca
http://ahammer.com/mastering

Mastering: Mac Studio M1 MAX 2TB SSD, 64GB RAM, 32-core GPU, OS 12.6; DP 11.22, Waves, Izotope RX10 Advanced, Alloy, Nectar, PSP stuff, Plug-In Alliance, Metric Halo ULN-8 MkIV, Euphonix MC Control & MC Mix, Presonus Central Station, and (still) no air conditioning (but at least now there is airflow)

Annex: Mac Pro 2010 5,1 3.33GHz 12-core, 80GB RAM, 10.14.6, DP 11.22, Metric Halo ULN8 MkIV, MOTU 2408III
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

bOing wrote:As a Canadian and long time contributing member of this forum, I am being shut out from entering this contest for being Canadian. That sucks. I was born in Germany. Does that help?
Hey bOing: try again I just entered and it worked.
state code = ON
They have all my info on file so I don't know of there's some kind of data base query.
Good luck.

Thanx again James you can have the MC I just want the 8 Pre.
I'll let you know when I win.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
bOing

Post by bOing »

wylie1 wrote:
bOing wrote:As a Canadian and long time contributing member of this forum, I am being shut out from entering this contest for being Canadian. That sucks. I was born in Germany. Does that help?
Hey bOing: try again I just entered and it worked.
state code = ON
They have all my info on file so I don't know of there's some kind of data base query.
Good luck.
Yay RUSH! Go Toronto. Woohoo.

Okay, I'm gonna give those SweetOffer guys a whirl. But the contest rules do clearly state - "No Canadian Bacon!" It would suck to be dropped for being "too friendly." ;)
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

bOing wrote: Okay, I'm gonna give those SweetOffer guys a whirl. But the contest rules do clearly state - "No Canadian Bacon!" It would suck to be dropped for being "too friendly." ;)
Dam I missed that.
It doesn't seam to concern them when their calling me trying to sell stuff.
Maybe there's some state law regarding giveaways or something.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
Pappy725

Post by Pappy725 »

Last year when I entered a contest for a Neve 4081, I sent the link to a friend who emailed me back saying it was just for European countries. I thought no more of it until Neve emailed me telling me I won one of the four units they were giving away. So I guess my point is, try it, you never know til the drawing is done.

Ooh, I want another 8Pre!

Pappy
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
2.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, OS High Sierra 10.13.2, DP8.07, 256GB SSD
828mkII, 8Pre, Alesis M1 Active Mk2, Ext. FW drives, Yamaha fretless bass, Kay upright bass, Wechter acoustic/electric, trombone, baritone and a proclivity for polka music. (With sufficient quantities of beer) and I play country music.
bOing

Post by bOing »

wylie1 wrote:Maybe there's some state law regarding giveaways or something.
Yeah, it states: "Accepting Canadian money is perfectly legal, but do not award valuable state resources to members of a competing nation. They may use them to buy arms."

So really, it all makes perfect sense. ;) Not.

P.S. Pappy, you are blessed. :)