MSI for MacIntel - when?

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

papageno
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MSI for MacIntel - when?

Post by papageno »

Has anyone got any info about the scheduled release of MSi for MacIntel?

I emailed techsupport quite some time ago, they haven't bothered to answer yet.

I hope that the Ethnic Instrument will be UB right away. Then they have only a little job with MSI. There are mainly cosmetic and soundbank differences...
+372 56222285
meeloo
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: MSI for MacIntel - when?

Post by meeloo »

papageno wrote:Has anyone got any info about the scheduled release of MSi for MacIntel?

I emailed techsupport quite some time ago, they haven't bothered to answer yet.

I hope that the Ethnic Instrument will be UB right away. Then they have only a little job with MSI. There are mainly cosmetic and soundbank differences...
I guess that Universal Binaries will come when PACE is ready to support the iLok on the Mac Intel platform...
papageno

Post by papageno »

meeloo wrote:I guess that Universal Binaries will come when PACE is ready to support the iLok on the Mac Intel platform...
Is this sentence based on some info or is it just a guess?

I don't think that porting >2MB iLok extension would take more time than porting MSI. I seriously doubt that MOTU has MSI UB ready for MacIntel and they are waiting for PACE extension. Sounds incredible.

So if there is info, let us know.
+372 56222285
meeloo

Post by meeloo »

papageno wrote:
meeloo wrote:I guess that Universal Binaries will come when PACE is ready to support the iLok on the Mac Intel platform...
Is this sentence based on some info or is it just a guess?

I don't think that porting >2MB iLok extension would take more time than porting MSI. I seriously doubt that MOTU has MSI UB ready for MacIntel and they are waiting for PACE extension. Sounds incredible.

So if there is info, let us know.
You can't imagine how much hardware dependent a dongle and protection platform is! It is an order of magnitude more complex to move the iLok drivers to a new architecture/platform than moving an audio engine.

Unfortunately I can't comment on my sources of informations. However you can go back to most of my previous posts and see how accurate my predictions and informations have been until now ;-).

Cheers
chadcells

Post by chadcells »

This actually makes allot of sense considering i can get MACH 5 as well as Symphonic Instrument to install and be recognized on my new intel IMAC, but I can't get my ILoks to validate, thus not allowing me to load them up...

I beleive as far fetched as this may sound, it is correct... and Damnit... I need PACE to update it... I need my MOTU instruments back!
papageno

Post by papageno »

chadcells wrote:I need PACE to update it... I need my MOTU instruments back!
Actually we need two things:
* pace to release macintel drivers
* motu to release macintel native software
+372 56222285
AJS Music

Post by AJS Music »

Any idea as to whether or not MOTU will charge for a UB of MSI?