MSI clearly untested 4the Real World

Discussion of all things related to the MOTU Symphonic Instrument.

Moderator: James Steele

ittango
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MSI clearly untested 4the Real World

Post by ittango »

Purchased MSI from Guitar Center Saturday (2/4/06) for my PC.
I••™m running XP Professional, with Sonar 3 Producer Edition on a 3ghz P4 machine and a gig of ram. Using an M Audio PCI sound card running at 24/48. My system normally runs like butter, honestly. My latest project included 30 tracks, each with real time plugins. I have had absolutely no luck with the MSI. When I first installed it, it didn••™t show up as a DXi or VST. Downloaded/installed version 1.1 with the new iLok. Opened the standalone and got a completely corrupted skin, impossible to navigate or configure. Uninstalled everyone and started again. Version 1.0 appeared as a DXi as long as I used the new iLok driver, but played ••œout of tune••
meeloo
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: MSI clearly untested 4the Real World

Post by meeloo »

ittango wrote:The second Tech kept insisting that it had something to do with my graphics card. All of my drivers are up to date. MOTU is clearly more MAC than PC.
The second Tech guy is probably right. What graphic card is installed in your computer? Are the graphic card drivers up to date? If your card had an ATI or nVidia chipset use the official ATI/nVidia drivers, NOT the one provided by the card integrator (they tend to add their own stuff to the drivers but their modifications generally suck big time).

Can you send me a screenshot of what MSI looks like on your system? (PM me)

Looking forward to helping you,

meeloo