AutoTune Help

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mustech
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

AutoTune Help

Post by mustech »

Just installed AT Pro X and I cannot turn any knobs! Ventura and DP 11.23
Initially was using AU version
Think I got the VST version going but the same problem.
Help!
mikehalloran

Re: AutoTune Help

Post by mikehalloran »

First, are you running the latest Codemeter Runtime (license manager used by Antares)? You won’t find it on the Antares website. I don’t have the link here but I posted it a week or two ago. Do a search and you should find that. Download and run the installer to update. I believe there is a Ventura bug fix in it.

Finding it on the WIBU site is difficult but the link I provided takes one to the download page for Mac and Windows.

Antares hasn’t supported VST in years. AU and VST3, yes.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mustech

Post by mustech »

Will try this CodeMeter suggestion ASAP. (Thanks Mike H!)

I should have added this detail:
I installed AutoTune on the "work" computer and it seemed to function properly.
As per the license agreement, I sought to install it on the "home" computer.
The install went as expected with no issues, but on the 2nd "home" machine, I am unable to turn any knobs.
It also will not pass audio unless I bypass (the only parameter I can manipulate)

I am doing all of this using the latest AutoTune Central

Obviously, Antares ought to be the ones to help me out with this, but I'm waiting to hear from them.
mustech

Post by mustech »

Uninstalled CodeMeter and installed the most current version.
Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem.
mustech

Post by mustech »

Following up here because this support community is so powerful and appreciated:

I installed AutoTune Pro X on two virtually identical iMac systems without noticing that one was still back on Monterey while the second was on Ventura. The second install did not function properly, but AutoTune Central said that two activations were in use.

Mike Halloran offered the CodeMeter suggestion above. What did not occur to me at the time is that the issue Mike brought to light is very likely the reason that the install worked perfectly on the Monterey machine and not the Ventura machine.

Unfortunately, installing the latest version of CodeMeter alone could not fix the problem becuase at this stage, the flawed activation was already in place. What was additionally needed was a refresh of the available AT activations so that the "broken" machine could be properly activated. Once Antares provided this, the fix was easy.

Could be way off, but the bottom line is that it all works now!