Motu Traveller mk1 - how to resample computer audio?

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
bleep
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Motu Traveller mk1 - how to resample computer audio?

Post by bleep »

Hi everyone

I'd like to be able to route audio coming from my computer through the Motu interface to a series of Guitar FX pedals; but I'm not sure how to make it happen without hearing the original audio source at the same time. Can anyone tell me what settings I'd need to set? I'm using headphones (no studio monitors).

Macbook Audio -> Motu Traveller Mk1 -> Guitar FX Pedal -> Motu Traveler Mk1 -> Headphone Output

I've spent some time tweaking settings in an attempt to work this out, but I'm not having much luck, and I'm going a bit crosseyed over it, :deadhorse: and I'll be honest that I don't really understand what a lot of the settings on this thing do,.

Cheers
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Motu Traveller mk1 - how to resample computer audio?

Post by mikehalloran »

bleep wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:01 am Hi everyone

I'd like to be able to route audio coming from my computer through the Motu interface to a series of Guitar FX pedals; but I'm not sure how to make it happen without hearing the original audio source at the same time. Can anyone tell me what settings I'd need to set? I'm using headphones (no studio monitors).

Macbook Audio -> Motu Traveller Mk1 -> Guitar FX Pedal -> Motu Traveler Mk1 -> Headphone Output

I've spent some time tweaking settings in an attempt to work this out, but I'm not having much luck, and I'm going a bit crosseyed over it, :deadhorse: and I'll be honest that I don't really understand what a lot of the settings on this thing do,.

Cheers
You need to understand the signal flow and then it will all make sense. You have many options and the manual makes them pretty clear.

https://cdn-data.motu.com/manuals/firew ... al_Mac.pdf
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro