pointer (arrow cursor) not appearing in Sequences track RESOLVED

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
darrell
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

pointer (arrow cursor) not appearing in Sequences track RESOLVED

Post by darrell »

Hi all. All of a sudden I cannot get the arrow (select) cursor in my sequences window, and cannot select notes (MIDI only in this project). All that happens is the insert 'line' appears in the places I click. I've looked in manual and all submenus but can find nothing....help?
James Steele
Site Administrator

pointer (arrow cursor) not appearing in Sequences track

Post by James Steele »

darrell wrote:Hi all. All of a sudden I cannot get the arrow (select) cursor in my sequences window, and cannot select notes (MIDI only in this project). All that happens is the insert 'line' appears in the places I click. I've looked in manual and all submenus but can find nothing....help?
I think I had this happen to me. Are the MIDI notes inside a MIDI clip? I think you have to unpack a clip to select the notes. You might have MIDI set to record to clips by default?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
darrell

Re: pointer (arrow cursor) not appearing in Sequences track

Post by darrell »

That seems to be what happened.....I've never used clips before, and must have somehow changed sequence view from 'note' to clip.' ...or, it's a bug...

Thanks!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: pointer (arrow cursor) not appearing in Sequences track

Post by James Steele »

darrell wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:18 pm That seems to be what happened.....I've never used clips before, and must have somehow changed sequence view from 'note' to clip.' ...or, it's a bug...

Thanks!
No problem! Glad it helped. I had that happen to me and it was driving me crazy until I learned I have to unpack a clip to edit the MIDI notes inside it. :D
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!