audio that disconnects itself

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
dado
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

audio that disconnects itself

Post by dado »

I have my Motu UltraLite mk4 sound card that frequently disconnects from my iMac with Monterey and DP11.0.3. Each time I have to go into system preferences, hear audio from the internal speakers and then go back to the Motu outputs. Motu told me that it might be the faulty usb cable. But how can you break a cable that is always permanently connected? Thanks for some help
iMac 27" 3 ghz 32 Giga ram / DP 11 / Motu UltraLite mK4/ TLAudio Ivory 5051 / Addictive Drum2 / PRS Custom22 Guitar / Boss Katana100 / Line 6 Variax700 / Strat by Tino Tedesco
Phil O

Re: audio that disconnects itself

Post by Phil O »

I got an 8pre-es a while back for use with my lap top. When I first got it I had some issues with it disconnecting. I tried a couple of different thunderbolt cables because I thought that might be it. Same results. I noticed that if i moved the cable, however, I could sometimes force a disconnect. I ultimately found that the thunderbolt connector on my laptop was the culprit. It just needed cleaning. I used some Caig Deoxit and the problem went away. Try jiggling the cable a little at the connector ends and see if you can force the problem.

Your friendly neighborhood Phil
DP 11.32, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.5/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
dado

Re: audio that disconnects itself

Post by dado »

Phil O wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:57 am I got an 8pre-es a while back for use with my lap top. When I first got it I had some issues with it disconnecting. I tried a couple of different thunderbolt cables because I thought that might be it. Same results. I noticed that if i moved the cable, however, I could sometimes force a disconnect. I ultimately found that the thunderbolt connector on my laptop was the culprit. It just needed cleaning. I used some Caig Deoxit and the problem went away. Try jiggling the cable a little at the connector ends and see if you can force the problem.

Your friendly neighborhood Phil
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try and eventually get a new usb cable
iMac 27" 3 ghz 32 Giga ram / DP 11 / Motu UltraLite mK4/ TLAudio Ivory 5051 / Addictive Drum2 / PRS Custom22 Guitar / Boss Katana100 / Line 6 Variax700 / Strat by Tino Tedesco