DP 10 problems?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
belkina
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP 10 problems?

Post by belkina »

I'm currently on DP. 9.5. Is 10 stable on the current version of Windows 10? I don't want to be stuck with problems with my current projects. There are things I want in DP10, just wondering if I should upgrade now or wait a bit longer.

Thanks for feedback! :-)
PEfilmcomposer89
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: DP 10 problems?

Post by PEfilmcomposer89 »

Since upgrading to DP10 I haven't found any issues with stability. It's pretty solid.
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Michael Canavan »

The biggest bug I've found is with aftertouch, it records the aftertouch CC into the sequencer but does not play back that aftertouch . This is on OS X, but I would bet it's also on Windows.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
PEfilmcomposer89
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by PEfilmcomposer89 »

I use one instance for each articulation to avoid any CC problems. However, I haven't encountered such problems on Windows whenever I ran tests. But, to ensure ease of mind when working on schedule, I've been using this method for quite awhile. Yes, it uses more tracks. I think for a lot of composers/producers, DP should include expression mapping in their next update to be on par with Cubase in that regard.
belkina
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by belkina »

thanks for your comments! :-)