Configure Hardware Driver question

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
scooter
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Configure Hardware Driver question

Post by scooter »

For any DP project that I pull up my Configure Hardware Driver settings default to the screenshot:
[URL=https://s904.photobucket.com/user/ ... .png[/img][/url]

The clock mode keeps defaulting to the Kronos which is not what I want. How do I get the clock mode to default to the Universal Audio Apollo Twin?
Macbook Pro OS 10.12.6, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 gig memory, Apollo Twin audio interface.
HCMarkus

Re: Configure Hardware Driver question

Post by HCMarkus »

Can you set the Kronos to stop spitting out clock? Maybe it is being sensed and prioritized as a result.
magicd

Post by magicd »

Unless there is some kind of resampling going on, there can only be a single clock source. Can the Korg slave?

I worked with some kind of Korg rack thing years ago that had an optical out option (but no external slave option). The Korg only worked at 48 kHz and had to be clock master. We ended up disconnecting the optical cable and using the analog outs.

Dave
scooter

Post by scooter »

Really great feedback thanks.

I will check out to see if there's a way to disable any transmit clock from the Kronos and yess I thought of just going analog but I only have right now an Apollo Twin so I really don't have that option but might need to look into some kind of solution for that.
Macbook Pro OS 10.12.6, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 gig memory, Apollo Twin audio interface.
magicd

Post by magicd »

scooter wrote:Really great feedback thanks.

I will check out to see if there's a way to disable any transmit clock from the Kronos and yess I thought of just going analog but I only have right now an Apollo Twin so I really don't have that option but might need to look into some kind of solution for that.
The Kronos has some sort of digital audio connection to the computer, yes? I'll guess USB? If so, clock is part of the signal chain and you can't change that. The only way you can separate the clock of the Kronos from the rest of the system is if you disconnect the USB cable and use analog connections to the Kronos.

If you have some sort of funky analog mixer you can use that to get audio from the Kronos into the Apollo (and for live monitoring).

You could also try creating an Aggregate Device in Audio MIDI Setup. Aggregate Device will do some degree of resampling.

Dave
scooter

Post by scooter »

Yeah thanks Dave, I think going analog will be the simplest route.

scooter