DP10 available on the MOTU site NOW....

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
magicd
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP10 available on the MOTU site NOW....

Post by magicd »

Michael Canavan wrote:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Or Stonedhenge.
Is weed legal in Boston now? :x
It is, but I can tell you programmers mostly live on Mountain Dew.

Dave
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

magicd wrote:
Michael Canavan wrote:

Dave
Ha!

"Code Monkey like Fritos...
Code Monkey like Tab and Mountain Dew..."
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

magicd wrote:
Michael Canavan wrote:

Dave
As opposed to Mountain Don't?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

magicd wrote:
Michael Canavan wrote:

Dave
Mountain Dew is bull p*ss! :koolaid: :deadhorse:

What the hell is wrong with coffee? :x

....says the guy from Seattle! :lol:
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

magicd wrote:It is, but I can tell you programmers mostly live on Mountain Dew.

Dave
Oh no... that means they will all die young with odd appendages growing out at weird places.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS12.7.5, DP11.32, all Waves, all SLATE,PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, most all Orchestral Tools, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
magicd

Post by magicd »

labman wrote: Oh no... that means they will all die young with odd appendages growing out at weird places.
Programmers dont die. They just get stuck in repeating code loops.

Dave
Michael Canavan

dix wrote:So, 5+ weeks since DP10 dropped. Any ideas as to when we'll see an update?
MOTU are notoriously tight lipped about updates and upgrades. It's always surprising when they do announce something ahead of time. All I know is some update will add the ability to record Clip performances into the timeline, but no word has been given on a pending .0 bugfix update and when it's coming. A guess would be within the next couple weeks, but bugs have no commonalities, no one knows how long they may work to fix them, including the MOTU team themselves.

NI once tried to get people to invest in "Komplete Care" which was to give upgrades for a year for free. They got so busy chasing bugs for over a year with almost no new upgrades, they ended up apologizing, giving those of us who bought into Komplete Care a bunch of free plug ins, and promptly discontinued that sham. :x
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

magicd wrote:
labman wrote: Oh no... that means they will all die young with odd appendages growing out at weird places.
Programmers dont die. They just get stuck in repeating code loops.

Dave
:rofl:
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS12.7.5, DP11.32, all Waves, all SLATE,PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, most all Orchestral Tools, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
dix

Post by dix »

bayswater wrote:
dix wrote:So, 5+ weeks since DP10 dropped. Any ideas as to when we'll see an update?
Don't hold your breath. I got an email from MOTU a couple of hours ago telling me that DP 10 is "now available". It arrived at almost the exact time of the equinox, and it's a full moon tonight. I think they've all left for Stonehenge.
And I got the announcement a week later!

In case anyone else is wondering, a quick Google search of MN tells me it was just under two months between the release of DP9 and the 9.01 update. DP10 came out Feb12, so...
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
seedylee
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by seedylee »

Anyone else having issues with the jog wheel on their Mackie (or compatible) control surface on DP10? I'm finding my Behringer x-Touch now just moves the playhead once and then becomes unresponsive until the playbead is manually moved.
sdfalk

Post by sdfalk »

Ill hope the next update adds spectral editing, and adding the same plugins across multiple channels
with one click
A 2018 Mac mini with 16 gb of ram
HUGE bunch o' AU instruments/fx...
A Metric Halo ULN8-3D…mmmmmmm
Remember to eat all your fruits and vegetables!
My OS is The amazingly gratuitous 10.14
csavetman

Post by csavetman »

seedylee wrote:Anyone else having issues with the jog wheel on their Mackie (or compatible) control surface on DP10? I'm finding my Behringer x-Touch now just moves the playhead once and then becomes unresponsive until the playbead is manually moved.
I’m seeing that here as well. In the tracks overview window, holding down command key on keyboard while using jog wheel on Mackie Control gives continuous scroll.

Carlos
Michael Canavan

csavetman wrote:
seedylee wrote:Anyone else having issues with the jog wheel on their Mackie (or compatible) control surface on DP10? I'm finding my Behringer x-Touch now just moves the playhead once and then becomes unresponsive until the playbead is manually moved.
I’m seeing that here as well. In the tracks overview window, holding down command key on keyboard while using jog wheel on Mackie Control gives continuous scroll.

Carlos
It's a new default feature, I find it useful but I recall you can turn it off.