THANK YOU, "MAGIC DAVE" ROBERTS!!!!!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
supersonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: THANK YOU, "MAGIC DAVE" ROBERTS!!!!!

Post by supersonic »

It is thanks to people like You that companies built real relationships with their customers. Thank you! Good luck with the new life :)
Music is movement in silence
My day jon - http://www.audioplanet.pl
My other passion - http://www.aps-company.pl
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Thank you, Dave. You have been a pillar of wisdom for me for many years.

Get rich and famous, why don'tcha?

Best wishes with deepest gratitude,
Frodo
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
zandurian

Post by zandurian »

You rocked it MD!!!! The people you are with now are blessed to have you...
----------------------------------
Mac Pro (early 2009 - originally 4,1 - flashed to 5,1) 2 x 3.42 GHz 6-Core Xeon X5690, 64 gigs PC3-10600 RAM, OS 10.13.3, DP9.52, UAD2 duo, UAD2 solo,
Superior drummer 2, Mach 5-3, Ivory, PCIe 424, BL modded 24i/o, MIDI express XT, unisyn, Melodyne 2, Izotope RX2, Addictive Drums, Pianoteq
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

The best Dave wherever you went. Drop in and chat once in a while. Cheers, GB
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
jloeb

Post by jloeb »

Many thanks Dave. We all know how lucky Wildlife Acoustics is to have you.
bdr

Post by bdr »

Would like to join in the thanks and absolute gratitude to Dave, even though I am a little schlepper in the scheme of things he always took time personally to help me out. Bon Chance for your future Dave!!
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.
magicd

Post by magicd »

Most of what I've learned about DP, I've learned from others. We're here to help each other!

Cheers,
Dave
waxman

Post by waxman »

magicd wrote:Most of what I've learned about DP, I've learned from others. We're here to help each other!

Cheers,
Dave
Most of what I've learned from others I forgot. Then I called you and learned it again... :rtfmmad:
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
tommymandel

Post by tommymandel »

Thanks for everything over the years, Dave, and best of luck and fun in your new position. You Da Man!!!
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Hardware rig: http://www.tommymandel.com/famous.html/tmrig.html"
alainmallet
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by alainmallet »

Oh well, things ain't gonna be the same.
I've gotten much help from Dave over the years, and we've broken bread many times as well. He always came through for me, and even though we met when I was at the top of my career, his helpfulness and availability never dwindled when I went into a less industry minded direction. Less public acclaim for me, same top notch support from Dave. This is a memory that I shall always cherish because you can't take that for granted.
Best of luck to you my friend. We'll miss you.
Martini Hill

Post by Martini Hill »

Oohh! Alain Mallet! Loved your work with Jonatha..no doubt done with a little help from MD and DP! Yep...you will be sorely missed Dave! Thanx for the many tech talks over the years! Best to you and yours! Jeff

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
|l| OS X 10.8.5 ML |l| 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro-8GB RAM |l| DP 9.02 |l| VE Pro 5 |l|Motu MTP AV-#2 MIDI Express USB-#2 2408 Mk II |l| #2 Mackie 400f's |l| Peak Pro 7 |l| Waves 9.x |l| CLA Classic Compressors |l| MPX Master Tape |l| Vocal Rider |l| iZotope Stutter Edit |l| Omnisphere 2 |l| Mach5 2 |l| Sample Tank 2 |l| Sonik Synth 2 |l| Stylus RMX |l| VirHarmonic |l| Albion I |l| VE Pro 5 |l| Superior Drummer 2 |l| EZ Drummer |l| Drumcore 2.5 |l| Garritan Personal Orchestra |l| Many hardware synths.
revi

Post by revi »

Wow - I'm a bit late to the posting and this is rather stunning.

As others have written, I associate and identify Magic Dave with everything I deeply appreciate about DP and MOTU.

I'm working with a bud who's now in a different state; we tried getting together to record and it didn't work. As such, I needed to get him on DP to send me his tracks. He's on Windows (yes, "groan", I know) but everything has gone fantastically smoothly. To this end, I had a chance to chat with Dave about a year ago and he was flawlessly pleasant and helpful.

I picked up both of Dave's Hal Leonard training books for my friend (and myself too!) - and, just like the author in person, they've been of tremendous help!

All the best to you, Dave!

Iver
lm4u
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by lm4u »

Thank you very much, Dave I said every time I contacted Motu support service and Mr.Roberts was always there to help. The demonstrated, very good quality and feature richness of the audio interface I was interested in and the way he offered his support, first made me buy that superb interface (the 624 model) and than, very quickly to feel like a member of the Motu products owners family. I said to myself that the Motu team is very lucky to have such a colegue.
I registered on this forum just to say
THANK YOU, "MAGIC DAVE" ROBERTS
aprael

Post by aprael »

Many thanks Dave. Your expertise in Motu products, willingness to go the extra mile and overall excitement for the products was another reason I have stuck with MOTU software and Hardware since my first Performer Sequencer in 1986. You have always been gracious with your solutions and never condescending.

Best of luck in your future endeavors!
AGP
MOTU Digital Performer 11 / Mac Studio M1 Ultra with 20-core CPU, 64-core GPU, and 32-core Neural Engine/ macOS Ventura/ 128 GB RAM / Event B.A.S/ Genelec 8020c - 7050B 7.1 setup/ MOTU 896HD and 896 MK3/MTP AV/MTP EXPRESS/Roland TD-50 -boxes of cables/socks missing mate MOTU user since Performer V2.0 and yes, I still miss Unisyn!
mrgkeys

Post by mrgkeys »

Thanks Magic Dave! You'll be missed! I don't think there's ever been a "face" to a DAW like you've been to MOTU. That's a big deal. You've tirelessly helped so many. Congratulations on your new gig and best of luck, you'll always be welcome here!