DP8 velocity mod +

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP8 velocity mod +

Post by bayswater »

mike_o wrote:Thanks for this.

Is there a way to make them larger than that?
You can add 1 or 2 pixels to it but it won't make a lot of difference -- I don't think there is a lot of this image being used to show velocities. It helps a bit to make them a colour that contrasts with the background. I used cyan on a very dark background.

Most of the DP screen is graphics that are generally zoomable, so it's often more effective to just use a different screen resolution, and then zoom out the parts you don't need to see so closely.
2018 Mini i7 32G macOS 12.6, DP 11.32, Mixbus 10, Logic 10.7, Scarlett 18i8
OLB

Post by OLB »

mike_o wrote:Thanks for this.

Is there a way to make them larger than that?

I looked at the graphic file and it seems like there are several images packed into one tiny .png.

I'd like the dots to be about double that size.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.
Hi Mike,

Here is a version with the velocity dots as large as possible. As Bayswater said, just 1 or 2 pixels bigger.

Velocity mod largest

You can easily edit these files yourself if you'd like other colours for example. I use Pixelmator but I'm sure there are many other apps to edit a png.

Sorry for this enormous picture!
Last edited by OLB on Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Len
DAW Mac Pro 6-core 2013 | 64Gb RAM | 10.11.6 | Metric Halo ULN-8
DP 9.5 | VE Pro 6 | Kontakt 5
mike_o

Post by mike_o »

Thank you all for your help, the largest it can go is pretty good, but I still think that motu should adopt some of these scale-able graphics to be native in DP.

Thank you all for your help.
Mac Pro 2X Dual Core 2.66Ghz-10.4.9-7 GigRam-828MKII-MTPAV-Ultralight MK3-Digi Performer6.01-PeakPro5.1-Reason4-AbeltonLive6-Virus Rack(Red)-ReMOTE 25 & 37 SL-Nocturn-Stanton Dacratch-PluggoPack-DimensionLE W/EmuProteusPack-Sylenth1-Discovery MAC-MX4-Rapture-Alpha-Octopuss-Automat-Automat1-TALbassline-TALUno60
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

mike_o wrote:I still think that motu should adopt some of these scale-able graphics to be native in DP.
Me too, but we've been asking for a while to no effect. So in the meantime, I'm using screen resolutions as a workaround.

The screen shot shows MIDI on a 27" iMac screen at 2560x1440. Velocity is almost invisible. On the lower shot, the MIDI editor is popped out onto a second monitor at 800x600 (maybe a typical resolution when the editor was first introduced). The note are about the same size, but the velocity icons are big enough to see and edit.

2018 Mini i7 32G macOS 12.6, DP 11.32, Mixbus 10, Logic 10.7, Scarlett 18i8