only mono on motu828mkII

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
fender3
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

only mono on motu828mkII

Post by fender3 »

Probably a stupid question but it deserves an easy answer....When I record audio through my mic/guitar ins, I am only getting sound through one speaker. I also only get sound through one side of the headsets. If I switch to the other mic/guitar in, I get sound through the opposite side of the speakers and headphones...Is there a way to make it come out stereo?
MIDI comes out stereo. I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Can one of you dp motu gurus help me please?
I have a Mac G5 dual hard drive. I am on Tiger. I am currently using a Kurzweil PC3X Synth to a motu828mkII. I am using the Dp 6 with the machfive2 sampler, waves gold bundle, and altiverb reverb unit. Studio Monitors are Mackie 824s. Rode NTK condenser mic.
Tim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: only mono on motu828mkII

Post by Tim »

Pan it to the center (or wherever) in Cuemix.
Either that, or mute it in Cuemix and turn on Studio/Audio Patch Through in DP. Then the panning and level will correspond to the settings on the track being recorded to.
At least that's how it works with the 2408/pci424.
WKWizard
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by WKWizard »

actually, it is in your input monitor settings...probably in the MOTU firewire setup control panel. Basically, you need to switch the input monitor option from analog 1-2 (1 being left & 2 being right)...change it to monitor analog 1 input only. Not sure if you're in OSX or not. OS9 it's in the control panels so I imagine OSX is the same.