Effects bus questions

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Eddy Yates
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Effects bus questions

Post by Eddy Yates »

Can anyone give me a link to understanding Aux Tracks and FX bussing? The manual is pretty disjointed about that. I'm sure if I understood the basic concepts, I'd be fine, but it seems like a lot, maybe too many, choices. For example, here's what I've done. Inserted AUX track. Went to plugin slot and inserted plugin. The only thing that will come up on the screen at that point is the Effects Window, and I can't see the plugin itself to be able to change parameters. What's the concept, and why should it be different than inserting a plugin in an audio track? When I do that I can see the plugin itself.
DP 8.06, Sonar X3e, Sony Sound Forge, Windows 7, 16 Gigs RAM, Intel Core i7 4.0 GHz, RME Hammerfall, UAD-2Duo, MOTU MIDI Express 128, MUSE Receptor VIP, Deagan Round-top Orchestral Bells, Yamaha S6 Concert Grand, Clavinet D6, UA 2-610
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Effects bus questions

Post by NazRat »

On an Aux, the aux has to have both a valid input and output to show the plug. This just came up the other day in another thread.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
Eddy Yates
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Effects bus questions

Post by Eddy Yates »

Ahhhhhh! Thanks.