Motu Audio Express - Problems

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
snowtiko
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Motu Audio Express - Problems

Post by snowtiko »

Hi there, im totally new here and hope that someone can help me with figuring out how to solve my problem.

I just build my own computer with core i7 4770k, 16 gb ram and nvidia geforce gtx 660 ti graphic card.

then I bought the Motu audio express and connected everything using firewire and at first I do get Normal good sound but then all of a sudden it simply turns into a loud noise and wont work again until i restart the audio express, and it starts all over.

I have downloaded the latest motu universal audio installer, i have tried switching the firewire driver to legacy.
I tried another version of windows 7, and even changing my audio express to a new one in the shop where i bought it.
I am not an expert and hope someone here might be able to help me out.

Here is a link to a video where the problem is shown, just fast forward to 1 minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDAVNvQR ... e=youtu.be

All help is appreciated, thanks :D

btw it works great with the steinberg CI 1 usb audio interface
torrentg

Re: Motu Audio Express - Problems

Post by torrentg »

No problem. We'll get it fixed. Just follow what I said in the post at the end of this thread: http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 14&t=55504

If you have any .dmp files in C:\Windows\Minidump, forget the above and instead, copy the files to any other folder, then zip or rar them, then upload to somewhere and provide a link.
sachink70
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by sachink70 »

This may seem weard But it worked for me
Change your power scheme to high performance and restart

also goto services.msc and restart "base filtering service" (this is req when u are running any internet monitoring prog like malwarebytes antimalware..

Pl tell me if it worked or not
Last edited by sachink70 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
torrentg

Post by torrentg »

What that does is mask the problem with a driver. If you're satisfied and all is well, then cool beans and all that, but to fix it properly so any choice of power options is readily available, correct and proper drivers should be installed.

I would tell you which it is for your system that's causing your problem, but it could be any and there's no way to tell without crash dumps and/or system info.