The Longest, Most Inconsistently-Off-Topic Thread in History

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: The Longest, Most Inconsistently-Off-Topic Thread in His

Post by Shooshie »

Do not be a victim. You can make choices about your life and about your residence, such as who gets in, who can stay, and who must leave. Confrontation is something you may be having trouble with, but if you are afraid of this guy, get the cops behind you. Tell them you fear reprisals, and that you need for them to do whatever it takes to protect you from this jerk.

He is well aware of the power he has over you, simply because he's a jerk and you are not. The bully thrives on that principle alone. Sometimes you just have to pull out your inner jerk and slam somebody with it. The fact that you have done nothing wrong means that the cops should have no trouble sorting this out and getting rid of your "guest."

When old friends use your memories of distantly past events to show how close you are, then run right over you, guess who is neither a friend, nor cares whether you figure that out? (hint: it's the other guy, not you) He's a jerk and a bully. Treat him accordingly.

Maybe you don't have a telephone. How far do you have to walk to find a cop? Put on your walking shoes and get the lout out.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

monkey man wrote:If you don't hear from me within a month I'd say I'd have been the victim of some sort of revenge attack (!?). Fingers crossed, and I love you guys!
Hmmm... It´s been more than a year already...

Are you Ok, Nicky? :?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Geez; I didn't even look at the date. I thought MM had just returned and was writing about this stuff. And we haven't heard from him since?

That does not sound good. I sure hope Nicky is all right.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

Shooshie wrote:Geez; I didn't even look at the date. I thought MM had just returned and was writing about this stuff. And we haven't heard from him since?

That does not sound good. I sure hope Nicky is all right.

Shooshie
Me, too. I miss his humor and insights.

Buzzy
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

From the first page:
I know when DP6 is coming - soon!
How soon we forget!
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

Wow. This topic began over 5 years ago!
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

Has anyone in the past 5 yrs of this topic said “get a life” yet?....err...... :lol:
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
EMRR

Post by EMRR »

I second that motion; get a life.
Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
The Martha Bassett Show broadcast mixer
Tape Op issue 73

DP 11.31
Studio M1 Max OS12.7.3
MOTU 16A and Monitor 8
M1 Pro MBP for remotes and editing
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Yes, you two. Get a life. Still, your posting and contributing to this thread. I think The Monkey Man has gotcha!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

What color should I paint my sister's car?
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

HCMarkus wrote:What color should I paint my sister's car?
C#, perhaps
If she's under 18, Bb minor
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.5 b4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Paulformer
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Paulformer »

How do you add an avatar pic to your profile?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rsnwjn
jarok

Post by jarok »

Paulformer wrote:How do you add an avatar pic to your profile?
Hi

Go to your User Control Panel and edit your avatar.

Enter the URL of the location containing the avatar image you wish to link to.

jarok
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trio-Trout/140467307206" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I have a long message (4 actually) from Nicky. He asked that I post it here.

So here it is, less some preamble and conclusion:

-----------------------------------------
I still miss interacting with the good folk over there, including you. In fact I cannot overstate how much I miss it. Unfortunately I've been working through numerous consecutive nervous breakdowns in combination with health deterioration, loss of self confidence and sustained abuse from my landlord (now my sister), as well as from the idiot who occupied my driveway for 15 months. It was 8C in the house this morning, peaking at 11C by mid afternoon, and that sort of temp range doesn't help any, to coin an American phrase. Oh, and I've got 18c in the bank and $20 in my wallet to last the next two weeks, and that sort of thing don't help any, to coin yet another! Get it? "Coin?" LOL

Hey man, I'll be OK; I've survived this long and I'll never, ever give up. Music is still the motivating factor as love has continued to elude me - celibate now for 22 years. Interestingly though, the whole lack-of-confidence thing (even an associated feeling of becoming dumber), has eroded my ability to get anything done in the music room. I'm hoping that the imminent arrival of a Line6 guitar (a 4-year saga) that'll be my first ever to be able to stay in tune (a 33-year saga), will see my playing it in the living room and recovering some level of real-world enthusiasm for mekin' muzak. It's strange, 'cause the fire's still there in the belly, but I seem to have lost any ability to translate it in the "real world"; all attempts with DP and all the gear have disintegrated into file back-up sessions, manual reading, setup-note writing, reconfiguration attempts, patch organisation endeavours etc. The OCD has certainly asserted itself; I never realised how badly I've had it for years, being totally unaware of the myriad symptoms I've exhibited all along until only very recently.

OK, so between the OCD, CFS, autoimmune, agoraphobia, peripheral neuropathy, mental abuse, poverty and the cold, I've not been able to summon the energy or confidence to make an appearance at my favourite place with my favourite people, M'Nation. I feel terrible about this. It's been especially strange to follow you guys and not have the guts to chime in even when compelling circumstances invite it, simply because I lack the ticker and feel "dumber" every day. Definitely strange, man!

Mate, again, I hope you're well and happy, and should they be reading this, that mah 'Cornie Brothas are likewise.

As I always (predictably) say, I love you, and please take care,
Nicky
2018 Mini i7 32G macOS 12.6, DP 11.32, Mixbus 10, Logic 10.7, Scarlett 18i8
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

We do miss you Nicky. I guess 5 years and STILL off-topic says it all! Hang in there MM.