custom consoles reassign data in real time

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
stoecklem
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

custom consoles reassign data in real time

Post by stoecklem »

Hello

Custom consoles are really awesome and should be able to do exactly what I need now that my bomes MIDI translator has started crashing all the time for some reason. I can't remember how they acted in dp 7, but there is a major problem for me now and maybe I am missing something?

I am trying to reassign a bunch of cc's and all works as it should, except when it comes to recording on to the target track or MIDI output. I will move the source cc and it will properly animate the custom console fader, but it will not start to actually record to the track until I use my mouse to control the fader. after I use the mouse once, my external controller then does record to the track. This is a major problem because I have tons of cc's I want to reassign and organize to tracks and I can't mouse over everyone before I record.

If a source and target is set, it should just record when I press record. perhaps this is a major bug that I should let Motu know, or I am just missing something. After reading the manual carefully it seems like it should work as expected and its broken.

Thank You
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: custom consoles reassign data in real time

Post by Shooshie »

Try dragging the Wiper across your Tracks Overview Window, then back, before you do anything else. It may not appear at first, but drag anyway, as if it were there. After doing that, the Wiper should appear. Then see if the consoles work.

It's just a hunch, and there's a huge chance that I'm wrong, but in the off-chance that it might affect that, I thought I'd give it a try. Good luck.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
stoecklem

Post by stoecklem »

Thanks for the idea. that doesn't seem to help.
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Shooshie »

stoecklem wrote:Thanks for the idea. that doesn't seem to help.
Shoot. I was hoping it would lead to some clues about that bug.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
stoecklem

Post by stoecklem »

Not only did Motu not fix this bug in 8.02.. but custom consoles seem to be even more of a broken mess.

I'm really dissapointed especially after I filled out a techlink and they acknowledged that it was broken. If they just worked like they were supposed to in the manual it really is a nice feature.