Motu Ultralite Question

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
Arcanon10
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Motu Ultralite Question

Post by Arcanon10 »

Hey all :)

So I just purchased a Motu Ultralite mk3 and I am having a problem that I am certain is due to my own error. I have hooked it up via USB to a Windows 7 64 bit comp and playback from the comp works perfectly. However, when I plug my keyboard into the first jack, I am unable to get any sound from the speakers. The comp audio continues to play perfectly, but I cannot hear my keyboard.

What is interesting is that on the LCD screen, I can see the sound levels rising and falling as I press keys and send sound to the ultralite, yet no sound from the speakers at all.

I am certain I am missing a step here, so any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
UltimateOutsider
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Motu Ultralite Question

Post by UltimateOutsider »

Could be a couple things, but first guess is that you're not listening through a DAW? If you simply have the UltraLite plugged into a PC but aren't running an audio app that's configured to use it, you won't hear anything unless you unmute audio channels in CueMix FX.

I have to do this, for example, when running a program that I use to edit patches on my synths.
4stripes
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Motu Ultralite Question

Post by 4stripes »

I believe all the mixer inputs are muted by default in CueMix. You need to open up CueMix to really know what's going on.