anyone tried this MIDI gtr app

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

anyone tried this MIDI gtr app

Post by labman »

with DP8?

Looks pretty amazing.

http://www.jamorigin.com/MIDI-guitar/vst.html
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS12.7.5, DP11.32, all Waves, all SLATE,PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, most all Orchestral Tools, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Elio

Re: anyone tried this MIDI gtr app

Post by Elio »

with DP 7 don't work very well
wvandyck
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by wvandyck »

Elio wrote:with DP 7 don't work very well
Can you be more specific?
It works but not well?
It doesn't work?
I don't know how to set it up, so it doesn't work?

It does work in both DP 7 and DP 8:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 214bf9725b

I've just removed the Roland GI-20 hardware converter from my system as the JamOrigin MIDI Guitar app for Mac is now my MIDI guitar converter. Works great with the guitar of my choice. No extra hardware or cables.

It seems to have built-in filtering to prevent false triggers from occurring unless you work really hard to make them happen. :shake:

The app also seems to add some sustain for greater note duration when wanted.

Beta full licensed version is on sale until the end of December.
I bought the full version within minutes of testing the demo.
2017 2.9 GHz MPB/1TB ssd; loaded 2012 i7 quadcore Mini, OS 10.15.5
DP 10.11, Logic 10.5.1, Silverface Apollo Quad/TB, K12UC, Falcon, Integra 7, MIDI guitars etc.
labman

Post by labman »

Thank you wvandyck. VEry appreciated. Any caveats or tricks you are learning about it would be appreciated too!
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS12.7.5, DP11.32, all Waves, all SLATE,PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, most all Orchestral Tools, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
donreynolds

Post by donreynolds »

I tried it. works pretty good with 7.24. I used sampletank and UVI workstation. I do not have a very big sample library, but worked pretty good with the ones I do have. Pretty easy to set up as a plugin.

I could not get the stand alone to wok wel with my set up because I am using two interfaces and my out put is different from my input. It only allows the input and output to be the same unit.

Probably would work well live though if you were using one interface.

I could see how it would be nice with a nice sample library like EW or something.

Very low CPU usage as far as I can tell.
DP 9, MacPro 2.93/8 core/22 Gb RAM. OS X 10.11.6, 13"Macbook PRO 2.66 Duo, OS 10.11.6 El Capitan, 2xWD 150gig Raptor x 2, x3 My Book Studio 1 & 2Tb drive x 2, DP 7.24, BLA/Motu 896 HD x 2, BLA microclock ll, Presonus Central Station, Waves Plat. V7 , Slate Everything, Melodyne studio, SSD 5, TruePianos, Scuffham S-Gear, Alpha Track, Event 20/20 bas, Adam A7, and other toys, Lotsa guitars, HeadRush GTR processor and a Korg Triton)
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

lanshan75 wrote:Very glad to meet everybody here,I am just a new member of this forum,I want to make more friends here,I hope you can like me.

It seems DP is not a "common" DAW, according to the website, since, as usual, DP was not taken into consideration :roll:
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
labman

Post by labman »

So using the plugin version is not possible with DP8? Just the standalone?
labman

Post by labman »

Need help folks.

We have been using MIDI Guitar in standalone. The MIDI Guitar web site and provided some nice tutorial videos for various DAWS. (including DP8 which we are using). So we decided to try the plugin as it would be way more convenient. Following the video closely we are able to get up to just beyond the one minute mark just fine and we hear the electric gtr pass thru the audio trk, but nothing we can seem to do, can get the plugin to show any 'output visualization', nor do we hear any test piano sound when selected. Any suggestions or confirmations from other users? It clearly works in the video, but not here.

Thanks!