Using DP & Logic as one program

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
brood
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Using DP & Logic as one program

Post by brood »

Ok, so here's the scenario. Being very DP, and PT proficient, I recently gave Logic an objective go. It has it's good points and bad, but overall, I really can't stand the illogical way it's laid out to work. However, I love the instruments (and some plugz) that come with it. So I now use it synced with DP (using Beat Clock thru the IAC Bus) triggering everything through DP. Everything works flawlessly.
My only wish is that I had a "virtual audio interface" to route audio OP to from Logic, so I can stream it into DP all with in the box (kinda like ReWire, but a stand alone app that all programs can access). Using both programs like this I have found to be the "ultimate" sequencer. It's only weakness is this lack of internal audio routing. If I could get that taken care of, I'd be in 7th heaven.
I was hoping the Aggregate Device stuff in AMS would allow me to create this, but alas, no go. Anyone have any ideas?
dbudde

Post by dbudde »

Jack and Soundflower do this.
brood

Post by brood »

Looks like exactly what I want. Thanks for the info!
dbudde

Post by dbudde »

Welcome. Careful with Jack. It used to have a sample rate limit lower than 44K, I don't know if that is still true. But good luck.
beubbo

Post by beubbo »

Wormhole2 seems to be a more "pro app" to do what you want (support for multi audio channels between apps, no sample rate limit lower than 44k...etc)

give it a try at : http://plasq.com/
emulatorloo

Post by emulatorloo »

I would love it if you could write up a little tutorial once you get it all working. . .Thanks in advance.
brood

Post by brood »

As soon as I test all 3 options, I'd be happy too.
blue

Post by blue »

I'd also like to know what kind of stability you're getting with this setup. I tried this back with Logic 6 and DP 4 and both apps would crash left and right. It would be great to get this running smoothly.
bradswan
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by bradswan »

What about the pull on CPU?
Dragonwind

Post by Dragonwind »

The problem I have had doing this is every time you create an instrument in DP Logic thinks you added a new MIDI port.
Chris
https://www.christophercaouette.com
dp11, LP, C12, Nuendo 11, OS 12 latest version, MacPro 6,1 12 Core, 64gb RAM