Pitch Quantize

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
DP Fan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Pitch Quantize

Post by DP Fan »

This is either a question or a suggestion for MOTU.

What I am doing:

I'm working on a song in D Major. I'm using pitch correction on the vocals. When I use the "Quantize Pitch" feature, it shifts everything to the closest exact pitch in the chromatic scale.

What I want to do:

I want to use the "Quantize Pitch" and have it shift everything to the closest pitch in a D Major scale, rather than the chromatic scale. No G-sharps, F-naturals, etc.

What I've tried:

I tried setting the Key to D Major in the conductor track. This made no difference. I looked around for an option like this...and found none.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
DP Fan
jarok

Post by jarok »

Hi

After Quantizing Pitch:

- do the editing manually if you have to correct to a larger intervals than half steps.

jarok
geoffg

Re: Pitch Quantize

Post by geoffg »

Anyone have a way to quantize pitch to specific key? This would be a real timesaver.
Dwetmaster

Post by Dwetmaster »

I believe the Transpose function (region menu) will work with audio pitching. You select all the pitches you want to change and then you apply the function.
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
geoffg

Post by geoffg »

Thanks. That's really cool that the transpose functions work for audio. I just tried it and it's helpful.

I wish there was a "contrain to scale" checkbox option when performing a regular "quantize pitch" command.
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

You can customize Pitch Quantize (and many other things) in the "commands" window.
I have set "q" for quantize pitch and Shift + "q" for unquantize pitch.
Just my 2 cent.
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com