They're selling Pro Tools in WALMART now!!!

The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other off topic discussion.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
The forum for petitions, theoretical discussion, gripes, or other matters outside deemed outside the scope of helping users make optimal use of MOTU hardware and software. Posts in other forums may be moved here at the moderators discretion. No politics or religion!!
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: They're selling Pro Tools in WALMART now!!!

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Is there a manual - period? My copy of DP only came with a bible.

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Is there a manual - period? My copy of DP only came with a bible.

LOL! The ONLY religious discussion allowable on the board. There's a newer translation out now, BTW. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

In the beginning there was the Atari, and it was good, and the face of the Tramels was upon the deep... and a great flood of independent studios sprang up on the face of the earth, and it was good.

But a plague was upon the House of Tramel and the Gates of Job(s) rose in a great wave if innovation and smite the Atari with no mercy.

When the waters receded there was a DP and a PT and the creator blessed the Logic of it all. And lo (EQ) and sample and behold the new world arose from the ashes of the name of Gibson and the world was in harmony.

But alas, the trolls did come unto the learned and the spam doth invade the email and darkness was once again on the face of the world.

Salvation is for those who come through the savior of the tech support and the nation of MOTU. Thou shalt not put false (web) masters before the paid users and the pirates shall be smite while the true believers shall be smitten.

So it was in the beginning, so it shall be until the Lion shall roar and lay with the RAM. Web without end - A minor. (plagal cadences all around).

:)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

That is some funny stuff there!
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
BradLyons
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by BradLyons »

Ha! Good one! :lol:
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Brad, long time no see...err, hear. How have you been?

Phil
DP 11.32, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.5/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
davelee

Post by davelee »

James Steele wrote:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Is there a manual - period? My copy of DP only came with a bible.

LOL! The ONLY religious discussion allowable on the board. There's a newer translation out now, BTW. :)
We could call this the "King James" version then...in honor of our fearless leader...
Mac Mini 2.3 i7 Quad 16 gig RAM OS 10.10.1, Macbook Pro Dual Core 2.16 4 gig RAM 10.10.1, Digital Performer 8.07,Universal Audio Quad, Mackie Onyx 800R, Yamaha Motif ES Rack, Omnisphere, RMX and Trilian,Komplete 9 Ultimate, Ivory I, BFD 2, Korg LCDE, Real Guitar, Real Strat, Ethno 2, Altiverb 7,True Pianos, Synplant, Microtonic, Dynaudio BM6a, Avantone Mix Cubes, Alphatrack, Mackie Big Knob,Yamaha KX-8,Yamaha KX-76,Axiom 25...and more.
Prime Mover

Post by Prime Mover »

Revelations would be pretty funny:

The Reaper shall rise, a mighty virus plagues the PC world. The four horseman ride from East to West with mighty Native Instruments of destruction.
— Eric Barker
Eel House

"All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio"
MacPro 1,1 2Ghz 7GB RAM OS 10.6.8 | MacBook Pro 13" i5 1.8Ghz 16GB RAM OS 10.8.2
DP7/8 | Komplete 7 | B4II | Korg Legacy Analog | Waves v9 (various) | Valhalla Room | EWQLSO Gold
MOTU 828mkII | MOTU 8pre | Presonus BlueTube | FMR RNC
Themes: Round is Right and Alloy
davelee

Post by davelee »

and the 4 horsemen go roland and roland along...
Mac Mini 2.3 i7 Quad 16 gig RAM OS 10.10.1, Macbook Pro Dual Core 2.16 4 gig RAM 10.10.1, Digital Performer 8.07,Universal Audio Quad, Mackie Onyx 800R, Yamaha Motif ES Rack, Omnisphere, RMX and Trilian,Komplete 9 Ultimate, Ivory I, BFD 2, Korg LCDE, Real Guitar, Real Strat, Ethno 2, Altiverb 7,True Pianos, Synplant, Microtonic, Dynaudio BM6a, Avantone Mix Cubes, Alphatrack, Mackie Big Knob,Yamaha KX-8,Yamaha KX-76,Axiom 25...and more.
MIDI Life Crisis

<groan> ...almost as bad as my puns... :lol: Good one! ;)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
davelee

Post by davelee »

thank you...
I bow to the pun king...
and now...off to 2 gigs...
MIDI Life Crisis

Have fun! :)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS