OMF import results in error -193 cant save - FYI

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
martian
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

OMF import results in error -193 cant save - FYI

Post by martian »

I have had this in 2 sessions consecutively so far - I have 3 more to go... i expect it to continue...

basically from protools 9. ( yes its better than before but still overpriced underpowered - the over enthusiastic sales guy was like - it even has timecode ruler now - then he says OMF is free -

have to remind him that in 1996 OMF tool by avid was already a free download , and free TC isnt exactly revolutionary either ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

anyways have no choice - must buy as its the undustry substandard software ( no clip based gain? come on any pro dialog editor who's had this feature - fairlight pyramix, audiovision nuendo etc will not willing give this feature up )

I export the PT dubbing dialog as embedded OMF.. ( we always used embedded ....)

it opens fine. but then we cant save our DP session error -193..

looking in the sound bites window.,, spot 1 odd file all other files are AIFF ( or wav in session 2 )

this file is an SD2 actually this is the FIRST file called "sample accurate edit" and it is an SD2 - all other files are AIF ( or wav )

try to convert it to wav or AIFF results in error -19000

so go find the bite in the time line,.,,,,,

actually in both cases this is the first "fade" file and appears to have no waveform... a if waiting for analysis

decide it can be deleted.. once deleted - do a few random edits. then flush your undo history..

file now saves..

hope this helps some one.
macpro 3 gig - 5 Gig RAM 10.6.3 Motu 2408 mk 2 Mackie HUI DP 7.21 intel imac 3 gig ram traveller OS 10.6.3

http://www.fork-media.com