AAF error code = 801200cf

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
goosetunes
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by goosetunes »

Hello all... I'm running DP4.61 (Mac OSX 10.4.8) and trying to import an AAF file from an AVID Adrenaline HD project. When I try to import/open the AAF file by dragging and dropping on to my DP icon, I get the following message:

"An error occurred in AAF import:
(AAF error code = 801200cf)"

Can anyone advise me on what this means and/or how to fix the problem?

Thanks!
Goosetunes
audios

Post by audios »

check with MOTU on this one. Don't know error codes well.

I do know that AAF files are not just audio files. They contain other session information that opens like a PT or DP session. I have never tried dragging a AAF file into an open DP project. Don't think that can happen. May be wrong.. check with tech support
martian

Re: AAF error code = 801200cf

Post by martian »

just hit this myself - as did Joel on the other forum - its been around a while then?

anything I can do other than asking them to send me OMF as I asked for?

any one used AAF successfully? I used OMF for years ( loads of issues if from Avid and protools ( but can solve with AVtransfer ) FCP ones are good to go!

any one have any ideas?

:surrender:
macpro 3 gig - 5 Gig RAM 10.6.3 Motu 2408 mk 2 Mackie HUI DP 7.21 intel imac 3 gig ram traveller OS 10.6.3

http://www.fork-media.com
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

PIck a forum, any forum, post once... :shake:

http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=33758" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
martian

Post by martian »

what ARE your objections to me solving my problems by asking the people that have also suffered this O sanctimonious one?

who ever started this thread may get alerted - and respond..

isnt that the idea?

ps who made you forum police?

altho at 11,000 posts you do seem to be in need of a job............ :woohoo:
macpro 3 gig - 5 Gig RAM 10.6.3 Motu 2408 mk 2 Mackie HUI DP 7.21 intel imac 3 gig ram traveller OS 10.6.3

MIDI Life Crisis

No, oh insecure one, I am simply a forum moderator and I know the board owner would also prefer you post in one section only.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

One should really pick the most appropriate forum and post once. In this case it would probably be the Troubleshooting section. And that is directed at the initial poster.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5, DP 11.32, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

martian wrote: altho at 11,000 posts you do seem to be in need of a job............ :woohoo:
Ignorance really is bliss, isn't it? I suspect you'd give your left nut for half the projects I have already done in 2011. And what of Frodo? Think he's not working... :rofl:

Breath deep now...

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:And what of Frodo?
Don't look at me. I'm off fighting orcs. How 'bout that? They've got WiFi in Mordor now! :P
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
martian

Post by martian »

well its a tough one really - I guess OMF and AAF are mainly used in film post - or play a large role in that deprtment, so I can see why someone in post would put it in here?

I have a friend with Logic - and she will try converting them to OMF for me -

maybe thats the work around...

pretty expensive way tho if I need to buy that - as this film may be recut a few times in the process - and OMF files are really handy in resyncing...

PS thanks for your typical smart ass attitude MLC - i dont want to discuss my nuts with you- but really you do come across like a bit of a tool actually .- frankly I dont care what you've done or not done as I have my own business to take care of.

I thought this was a place where fellow users could attempt to help each other,, if you notice when ever I ask questions I usually have tried to answer others users difficulties where I could - for instance I have lost count of the times I helped people recover sessions due to corrupt audio files- sharing my experiences with DP - and infact with any software or hardware that helps me in my work...... ( i was a beta tester for Fairlight for 7 years for example )

my attitude and respect for you took a major down turn when you flippantly and in my mind disrespectfully replied to my thread requesting images on the way DP used to display surround Waveforms.. actually I was doing this as I was trying to be helpful to a software developer I respect very much,,

personally I think the rubbish you posted above was an even bigger waste of bandwidth which is obviously the reason you objected in the first place-

and seems designed to goad - just the attitude I would look for in a forum moderator :lol:

but as I said I am a professional audio editor and have a job to do- which is currently being impeded - I will leave no stone unturned if I need to solve a problem..

rant over..

if any one has a tip to share on this I would be most grateful.

Frodo

Post by Frodo »

It seems to be a file incompatibility issue. I know users of Logic and Steinberg products who've had the problem, but some have indeed been able to get the AAFs into other DAWs to rewrite the Avid-AAF format version to something DP can read. Apparently, OMF works okay for those who've gotten OMF to work. My success rate with OMF has been on the low side.

By the way, the issue may not be uncommon but it's certainly not new.

This is from the Audiofanzine forum and dates back to April, 2007. It may be old news, but since the OP is using DP 4.61 it might help. It's a Google Translate link, so I hope it works.

Avid -> DP5
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
MIDI Life Crisis

Let's see now, where did this start getting personal and who started to make it so?
martian wrote:...O sanctimonious one? ...ps who made you forum police?

altho at 11,000 posts you do seem to be in need of a job............ :woohoo:
martian wrote:.- frankly I dont care what you've done ...
Then why bring it up in the first place? I didn't, and I also didn't tell you anything about it, I responded to your misinformed comment that lots of posts means that person is not working. :rofl:
martian wrote: personally I think the rubbish you posted above was [blah blah blah] ...and seems designed to goad
I'd apologize if I had insulted you prior to responding to your quoted comments, but it was you who brought this down to the level of Gearslutz, not I. However, may I suggest a link for you? Well, I will anyway:

http://angermanagement.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis

ps- Been to the Forkmedia website. I understand the hostility now...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
martian

Post by martian »

hmmm! now shes busy for a few days and hasnt got around to it... so I gotta find someone else...

OMF for me doesnt always work off the bat.. - But if from Avid/protooIs process them with av transfer first and that solves..

we get a lot of FCP based clients and those have no problems - its AVid/Protools playing dirty tricks again - ie not following the standard framework..

AV transfer doesnt support AAF yet - actually I need to check if that has been updated,,

are we sure there's no other way? i tried opening in version 6 got the same - as well as in every version of 7 I think.....

I HAVE experienced that some OMF wouldnt open in 7.12 for instance but would in 6.03

7.22 is ok

and I did some searchin and you right - it has been reported in even the "golden" 4.61

its an old problem.. I can see that its not high in the priorities to fix, you pays your money,,

dp7.22 is still pretty good value tho eh?