need help with adjusting tempo

Digital Perfomer in the context of television/film scoring and post-production.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for discussion related to the use of Digital Perfomer in the context of television and film scoring and post-production.
Nuf-Nuf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

need help with adjusting tempo

Post by Nuf-Nuf »

Hey Guys!
Sorry, I'm new in DP and have a great problem with adjusting tempo. For example, I've 2 markers locked to movie and 4.5 bars between these markers. Then I want to change tempo of sequence in this cue to have 4 bars between markers. Now, what should I do for this? I tried 'adjust beats' option, but it changes tempo only at last bar(4th), but I need constant tempo during this cue.
Thank you in advance.
FMiguelez

Re: need help with adjusting tempo

Post by FMiguelez »

Errrr... Change the tempo? :?

Just make a tempo change.

Have you tried consulting DP's manual at all? There's a full chapter about this (Conductor Track).

What version are you using anyway?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Nuf-Nuf

Post by Nuf-Nuf »

DP 7.21
I thought that maybe there is some option to calculate tempo between two markers automatically. I know about conductor track :) . Thank you anyway.
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Well, there IS a way to do what you want. There are actually a few GREAT ways.

You can have DP calculate the "best" tempo to hit the most important hit points (based on a few parameters). You can even do this by sections if you want a flowing tempo.

You can also have DP do whatever it needs to do tempo-wise to make you hit a point (a marker or whatever). You can manipulate tempo anyway you want to hit whatever you want in the video. You can mix any of the many techniques to do this too!

All this stuff are areas where DP EXCELS! It's one of the reasons it's the best film scoring app out there too...

Have you tried looking at the INDEX of the manual at least?

Do you even have a Digital Performer manual? :?
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Nuf-Nuf

Post by Nuf-Nuf »

yes, I've DP manual but English is not my native language so sometimes I've some difficulties with translation. If you don't understand this thing just imagine that you yourself are reading the manual in Russian :rtfmmad: The more so that after using Cubase during many years I don't find DP interface and its terms quite intuitive :smash:
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

We write in English here too, so how would reading answers to your questions here be any different from reading them from the manual, if you just said you don't speak english well??? :?

Unless we have a Russian-speaking member, of course. Anybody here speaks Russian?

Also, if you don't find DP intuitive that's your opinion, of course. DP is VERY sophisticated. It shouldn't surprise you to find DP unintuitive if you don't read the manual. Didn't you think about this BEFORE BUYING DP? :shake:

Just because you can use Cubase doesn't mean you should be able to understand DP's advanced functions without reading some kind of user guide.

Am I wrong?

Nuf-Nuf

Post by Nuf-Nuf »

i didn't buy DP - my boss did it. I've figured out on this issue. Sorry for troubling you...
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

You did not trouble me at all.

Glad you figured it out.