DP 7.22 and Flux plugins under OSX 10.6.7

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Ombre
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP 7.22 and Flux plugins under OSX 10.6.7

Post by Ombre »

After I upgraded OSX to 10.6.7 Flux plugins (Alchemist, EpureII, PureCompII and PureLimiterII), versions 2.19 or 2.20 are not working anymore in DP 7.22. Thses plugins stopped completely the Audio Unit Examination process. I have thrown away all the DP Preferences and the Audio Unit Info cache. Repaired all permissions twice. No change. No feedback up to now from both companies.
MacBook Pro and MacPro, same results.
David Polich
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 7.22 and Flux plugins under OSX 10.6.7

Post by David Polich »

Call or email Flux tech support.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
Bob Klotz

Post by Bob Klotz »

I've been having the same problem, and am waiting for a response from both MOTU and Flux.

I'm still running 10.6.4 After the initial update to version 2.2.0 of the Pure Series plug-ins, they were working properly. A number of days ago, I was trying to insert a Flux plug on a track, and it would hang DP (spinning beach ball). I cleared all preferences, and restarted DP. AU validation would hang at Flux plug-ins. I've gone so far as to completely re-install both DP, and Flux plug-ins, but the problem still exists. The Flux AU plug-ins work fine under Logic Pro 9, Final Cut Express, Peak, and DSP Quattro. RTAS and VST also work properly in other apps.

It may have something to do with authorization, although it's not an issue with other plug-in formats and audio apps. The free BitterSweet and STTool from Flux pass AU validation just fine.
Ombre

Post by Ombre »

David Polich wrote:Call or email Flux tech support.
Waiting for more than a week some feedback from Flux. So far, my resuqest hasn't been read. I also registered a TechLink at MOTU Support. Usually when there is a real problem in DP, no one replies at MOTU... till it is solved and an update is released.
Bob Klotz

Post by Bob Klotz »

My support tickets with both Flux and MOTU have yet to be read. I'll be sure to update here as soon as I hear from either party.
Bob Klotz

Post by Bob Klotz »

Interesting findings. I was trying to remember what else could have possibly changed when the Flux plug-ins stopped working. I had also updated my Izotope RX2 plug-ins around the same time. Here's what I've found:

1. Uninstalled Izotope RX2 plug-ins.
2. Ran DP, and Flux plug-ins now passed AU examination.
3. Installed only MAS version of Izotope RX2.
4. Deleted AU cache, ran DP.
5. Flux plug-ins would hang during AU examination.
6. Deleted Izotope RX2 MAS plug-ins.
7. Installed only the AU version Izotope RX2.
8. Deleted AU cache, ran DP.
9. Flux plug-ins now passed examination.

Looks like the MAS version of Izotope RX2 is causing the problem. Weird!
I haven't installed the VST and RTAS versions of Izotope RX2to see if there's any problem with them, but I'll also do that test and report.
Bob Klotz

Post by Bob Klotz »

Update - I installed the VST and RTAS versions of Izotope RX2, and the Flux plug-ins still passed AU examination in DP. Just thought I should check this to rule out any other bizarre effects.
Ombre

Post by Ombre »

Bob Klotz wrote:Interesting findings. I was trying to remember what else could have possibly changed when the Flux plug-ins stopped working. I had also updated my Izotope RX2 plug-ins around the same time. Here's what I've found:

1. Uninstalled Izotope RX2 plug-ins.
2. Ran DP, and Flux plug-ins now passed AU examination.
3. Installed only MAS version of Izotope RX2.
4. Deleted AU cache, ran DP.
5. Flux plug-ins would hang during AU examination.
6. Deleted Izotope RX2 MAS plug-ins.
7. Installed only the AU version Izotope RX2.
8. Deleted AU cache, ran DP.
9. Flux plug-ins now passed examination.

Looks like the MAS version of Izotope RX2 is causing the problem. Weird!
I haven't installed the VST and RTAS versions of Izotope RX2to see if there's any problem with them, but I'll also do that test and report.
I completely confirm this: I have also installed iZotope 2.01, the same day than the newly version of Flux plugins. By removing iZotope, throwing away the Audio Unit Info Cache of DP, everything works fine again. I have reinstalled only the AU version of iZotope afterwards and everything is still working fine. Thanks Bob
Bob Klotz

Post by Bob Klotz »

You're welcome Ombre!
Bob Klotz

Post by Bob Klotz »

The problem has suddenly returned. No new plug-ins have been installed, and Flux plug-ins now crash DP when adding to an insert, as before.

MOTU has not yet read my Techlink after one month. Flux has someone assigned to my support ticket with them, but it's listed as Priority: Low, Severity: Trivial. Not too trivial when the plug-ins are unusable.

Will post the solution when I here from either MOTU or Flux.
Bob Klotz

Post by Bob Klotz »

MOTU has yet to even READ my support ticket submitted on April 2nd.
motuhelper

Post by motuhelper »

Flux versions 2.0.23.0 are working great over here with DP7.22 on OS 10.6.7.
I don't run any Izotope plugins.