Possible workaround bundle mess

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
OLB
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Possible workaround bundle mess

Post by OLB »

Hi guys,

Most of you are probably aware of the messed up bundles. When opening a project all the input bundles seems to be inactive.. For me with Vienna Ensemble Pro. I always change it back manually to the correct inputs.

But here it is - when I opened up a project with inactive bundles I immediately did a short offline bounce. This resulted in reappearing bundles again! Really strange and may be just incidentally but it worked for two projects for me now! Just select one bar - bounce to disk - hit enter and even cancelling it will do it.

Still it's not perfect but until there is a fix, this works for me and hopefully also for you guys.

Save

8)
Last edited by OLB on Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Len
DAW Mac Pro 6-core 2013 | 64Gb RAM | 10.11.6 | Metric Halo ULN-8
DP 9.5 | VE Pro 6 | Kontakt 5
dinobass

Re: Possible workaround bundle mess

Post by dinobass »

Worked for me when I chose "do not import"; when I chose "add to soundbites window" (which I usually have the Bounce To Disk menu set to), it didn't work. But thanks for the tip!
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128G RAM OSX 14.3, 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, UA Apollo x6, UA Apollo Twin, UAD-2 Satellite (x2)
bdr

Post by bdr »

Worked for me also...just bounced one bar of an empty template with messed up bundles, bundles were fixed, hit undo after the bounce and the bounce disappeared but the bundles stayed. Great find!
Mac 2.8 8-core, 20 GB RAM, Mac 10.9, DP 8, EWQLSO Platinum Play, Mach V II, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer, AIR, Absynth 5, Plectrum, CronoX, Albino3, RMV, cup of tea.
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

What a find, indeed. This may lead to getting this problem fixed once and for all. Right on!!! Thanks!!!

c-ya,

Dan Worley
DP10.13
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Interesting!

We should make a quick note of this to MOTU. It might help them with programming the permanent fix for this issue.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Gabe S.

Post by Gabe S. »

Holy Mackerel. Your workaround works!! That is totally crazy!!!!

How I tested it: I created a new session from a template and the inputs showed up italicized like usual. I selected one measure, bounced and after the bounce, everything came back setup properly.....!!!!! I've closed and reopened the session twice and it keeps re-opening properly..........INSANE!!!!

(FWIW, my recreated template saved as a Stationary Pad continues to hold up.)

Anyway, thanks for that one! I hope your clue can help get MOTU one step closer to solving this very strange issue.

-gabe
Computer: 2019 Mac Pro 28-core 2.5gHz, OS 10.15.2, 96GB ram, all SSD/NVME drives, MH Labs ULN-8, MOTU MidiTimepiece AV
DP Setup: DP10.11, all Spectrasonics VIs, all Waves plugins, Sonnox AU, Altiverb, NI Komplete 12/K5+6, Plogue Bidule 64 as VI host
Tim

Post by Tim »

Gabe S. wrote:

I hope your clue can help get MOTU one step closer to solving this very strange issue.
...or maybe they can just make available a command key to bounce an empty bar.

cmlcwbbj
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Tim wrote:
Gabe S. wrote:

I hope your clue can help get MOTU one step closer to solving this very strange issue.
...or maybe they can just make available a command key to bounce an empty bar.

...On startup! :wink:
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
delcosmos
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by delcosmos »

God bless you OLB. :woohoo:
8.07 64bit, Spire, Nexus, Fab FilterDiva, Gladiator, Nexus, Sylenth, Stylus RMX, Live 9, Reason 6.5, Komplete 8, AD Keys, AD Drums, Geist, Ivory, Waves 9 Mercury, Sound Toys, Fab, VEPro, Reason, Live, UAD2, x3 2408mk3, PCI424, MAC PRO Dual 3.46 Ghz 12 core Intel Xeon, Memory: 64gb ram, MAC OS X: 10.8.6
hrw

Post by hrw »

delcosmos wrote:God bless you OLB. :woohoo:
Yes. That seems to work. Thanks.
Computer/s: OSX 10.8.3

2 x 2.66 GHz Mac Pro Quad-Core Intel Xeon w/ 16GB RAM,

DAW:DP8.05
Hardware: Apogee Duet
VI's/Plug-ins:
Kontakt 5.1, EW PLAY Libraries and a
million others.
sinkd

Post by sinkd »

Working for me. Thanks, this is a huge help.

DS
reddognoyz

Post by reddognoyz »

this is working for me as well, I just tried it and my inactive bundles(aux sends from VEP) miraculously sprang to reverb giving life!!!
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

What's happened to me a couple of times in the last couple of days is the inputs show up active but from a completely different source. In my case, my template has Stylus and Omnisphere and also an aux channel set up for Ableton Live (rewire). My Stylus inputs have sometimes opened as Ableton inputs, so obviously the BTD trick won't work in this case.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128G RAM OSX 14.3, 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, UA Apollo x6, UA Apollo Twin, UAD-2 Satellite (x2)
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

dinobass wrote:What's happened to me a couple of times in the last couple of days is the inputs show up active but from a completely different source. In my case, my template has Stylus and Omnisphere and also an aux channel set up for Ableton Live (rewire). My Stylus inputs have sometimes opened as Ableton inputs, so obviously the BTD trick won't work in this case.
Did you try it? It's unlikely, but maybe it would set them straight. Worth a shot.

c-ya,

Dan Worley
DP10.13
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

Dan Worley wrote:
dinobass wrote:What's happened to me a couple of times in the last couple of days is the inputs show up active but from a completely different source. In my case, my template has Stylus and Omnisphere and also an aux channel set up for Ableton Live (rewire). My Stylus inputs have sometimes opened as Ableton inputs, so obviously the BTD trick won't work in this case.
Did you try it? It's unlikely, but maybe it would set them straight. Worth a shot.

c-ya,

Dan Worley
Yeah, I tried it and no go.