Internal bus Machfive DP 4.12

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's awesome MachFive software sampler.

Moderator: James Steele

producerx
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Internal bus Machfive DP 4.12

Post by producerx »

My set-up. 15" PB G4 1ghz, 768 mb ram. Lacie 200 gb/FW 800 drive DP 4.12 machfive 1.08 (had major issues with so i down graded) I have no problems sequencing with machfive, my problem is when I want to track. I set the machfive instrument to output through, say bus 1-2, then set DP channel input to bus 1-2 or just 1 or 2 then click record in DP. Normally when recording in DP you see the channel waveform with red background and black waves or black line when there's no signal. When I click record, all I get is the solid red background and nothing else. When I stop the recording, I just get the spinning beach ball forever and have to do a force-quit.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Tascam DM-24/G4-dual 1 GHz withDual 19" Monitors/15" Powerbook 1ghz Apple Power PC G3-300/2 MOTU 2408's /Mackie HR824s/Focusrite VoiceMaster Pro Platnum/2 RODE NT1000s/MOTU DP 4.52/Propeller Heads Reason 2.5/MOTU Machfive
bckdm

Re: Internal bus Machfive DP 4.12

Post by bckdm »

I have EXACTLY the same problem (and myself using also a PB G4 + 1G RAM).
I believe there is something wrong here with the way we assign buses, inputs and outputs. Well, I think there's a bug anyway...

BC
bckdm

Post by bckdm »

I just ended up with a kind of fix for this problem. I discovered that the DP freeze occured when the bus was first created from "Audio Bundles" menu.
If the bus is just assigned from the track window (input and output pop-ups, choose new stereo bundle, and pick a 1-2 or else from there), it will work fine, providing you first have deleted all Bus Audio bundles fromelly created via the Audio Bundle menu.
So, this is what worked with me:
1 - Delete existing stereo bundles via the Audio Bundle menu
2 - pick up new bundles from the Track Window, assign for example Bus 1-2 as output for Mach 5 instrument instance, and then Bus 1-2 as input in stereo audio track
3 - Assign "Main" as output in the Mach Five instrument part

Play and record... it works.
Cheers, BC
producerx

Post by producerx »

Thanks for the info. By trial and error, I figured the problem to be with 4.12. I think there was an update that caused this problem. I still have 4.11 on my machine and I was able to track with it. I'll try your suggestion also.
Thank again
X
Tascam DM-24/G4-dual 1 GHz withDual 19" Monitors/15" Powerbook 1ghz Apple Power PC G3-300/2 MOTU 2408's /Mackie HR824s/Focusrite VoiceMaster Pro Platnum/2 RODE NT1000s/MOTU DP 4.52/Propeller Heads Reason 2.5/MOTU Machfive