Kontakt 2.2.4 with DAE mode DP7 freeze?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
spirit
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Kontakt 2.2.4 with DAE mode DP7 freeze?

Post by spirit »

This is all regarding using DP in DAE mode- not relevant to the way most people use DP in MAS mode.
OS10.4.9, ProTools 7.4 installed G5

It seems like Kontakt 2.02 worked with DP6 and maybe DP7 but after updating to 2.2.4 it works OK in ProTools, but gives the color wheel before it fills in the plugin gui in DP6, then updated to DP 7 and it does the same thing. Both DP's are on the computer. Trashed preferences with motu or performer or kontakt in the name, still the same. VST wrapped it opens, but the GUI responds with highlighting what the cursor is over, but doesn't actually do anything- browser, options etc. don't open or function. Most other NI seem to work.

Question 1.
DOES anybody have DP6 or 7 working in DAE mode with Kontakt 2.2.4 working successfully.
It would be nice to keep 2.2.4 for backwards forwards compatibility and to not waste NI authorizations.

Question 2
What versions of Kontakt DO work in DAE mode on DP7?

Thanks
tripit@earthlink.net
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Kontakt 2.2.4 with DAE mode DP7 freeze?

Post by tripit@earthlink.net »

I'm using the Kontakt 3.5 in DAE, works fine here. I load up 5gigs of LASS in a DP session without issue. I'm on MacPro 8 core (Jan 2008) running both 10.5.8 and 10.4.11 DP 7.02 on both.

K3.5 is light years better than K2. I dumped K2 as soon as K3.5 came out and never looked back. The memory usage alone is really significant and K3.5 is 100 times more stable than K2. Both in PT and DP/DAE. You should really consider moving up.