DP 6 and KORG padKontrol

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
gongbass
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 6 and KORG padKontrol

Post by gongbass »

Anybody use a MPC style MIDI controller with DP? I normally just use my keyboard to tap out drum patterns but recently got the Korg pad Kontrol. I shows up in the MIDI devices and I can choose it for an input in MIDI tracks but when I open up Modolo 12 I can't figure out how to assign it to each of the samples. Is there a option that youc an select what MIDI source you can use with soft synths?
Mac Pro 3.2, 8 Core. Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Power Mac G5 Dual 2.0. (2) MOTU 2408 MK3's (BLA Mods) & 8 Pre. Motu Micro lite for MIDI (interface for Mac Pro) MOTU Ultralite MK3, Dp 7.2, Reason 4, Ethno 2, MX4, Symphonic Instrument, Mach 5 V2, Electric Keys, Ivory II Grand, Arturia CS-80V, Arturia Prophet V.2, PSP Vintage Warmer, Softube Trident A-Range EQ, IK Classik Reverb, Focusrite Liquid Mix, Peak LE

Affordable "E" Drum session work: gongbass@msn.com
busle
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP 6 and KORG padKontrol

Post by busle »

I don't know what the padKontrol is like, but I have a nanopad, and for that you have to use the software that comes with it to assign the note values for each pad. I would check your padKontrol documentation and refer to anything that shows you how to assign note values. once you have that set up (or at least know what the pad's default note values are), you should be able to set up Model 12 fairly easy, as long as you're making sure that the note values in Model 12 match what you've set up on the pad. does that make sense?

again, I don't really know much about the padKontrol, but I hope that helps! if not, good luck!
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 6 and KORG padKontrol

Post by mhschmieder »

I haven't customised my padKontrol recently, but my recollection is the same as busie's.

It is a very well-written manual. If yours didn't come with one, Korg provides them on-line.

You can assign any of the controls, whether pads or knobs.

Did you try any of the templates? Some of those might be a good starting point for DP/Modulo 12.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH