dp6 meterbridge output

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
ssp
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

dp6 meterbridge output

Post by ssp »

does anyone know if the meterbridge values in dp6 are transmitted via MIDI or can be set up to transmit via MIDI?

the reason im asking is , because i want to make a modular meterbridge for one of my consoles and i can do this via a certain MIDI interface and chipset kit to control a matrix of leds to emulate the onscreen meterbride in the dp6 software or any daw software that transmits the meterbridge data. this is the kit i will be building minus the touch part. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJpwpAHuDvQ

basically the information of the meterbridge is going to be from 0-127 per channel if its transmitting it over MIDI via cc then i can take this MIDI output, have this run into a dedicated chip controller kit that then links to all the leds in a custom meterbridge case and panel that uses 16 led's per channel green/yellow/orange/red 4 per strip to represent the value of the bouncing graphic on the dp6 meterbridge display. a hardware copy if you will. look here to see what i will be building.

now then the mackie hui has a similar sort of thing on its unit, the meterbridge built into it is a series of leds that bounce up and down in relation to whats shown in the meterbridge or channels of the host daw software and its compatible with motus digi perf software which means that these leds bounce up and down as per the display.

so, does anyone know what the software transits and where i can see this in the program setup etc..

update: ok i have read the manual and tried a few things, i see that the MIDI tracks just transmit the volume state of the track as a cc, but what about the audio side of it, will that transmit a cc also ? i know i can assign a cc to a track in the mixing board section by assigning a cc to a slider or knob etc. this is a useable solution however does dp transmit this a standard anyway the same way it can transmit mtc.

update2: so basically i want to transmit the track levels/volumes on both MIDI and audio in realtime to my MIDI interface. am i right in thinking that all i do is turn automation on for that.

a bit more technical than usual but i have an old console here thats a 24track console but it doesnt have a meterbridge, so i can get a controller chip kit to make an interface with, and i can take the MIDI output (if dp6 does it) plumb it into the interface and then this inturn changes the data to the led matrix for each channel in much the same way a normal consoles led meterbridge works.
thanks

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!