MIDI device patching 0-127, DP goes 1-128

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
ingmar
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MIDI device patching 0-127, DP goes 1-128

Post by ingmar »

Hi all,

it's driving me nuts in DP 4.5, that my old sampler isn't correctly represented by Apples MIDI setup.

Back in the old days, I could tell FreeMidi, that my sampler names patches from 0 to 127, but the new MIDI driver from Apple just uses 1-128 by default. So, whenever I choose a patch in DP, I'd have to use the number minus one on my sampler. While this is not very hard to calculate, it still drives me up the wall, when I'm checking why the trombone all of a sudden sounds like a piccolo flute, just because the sounds are stored one patch next to each other.

Do you guys have any suggestions how I can tell the MIDI setup or DP, that my sampler works with patches from 0 to 127?

Thanks,
Ingmar

G5 2,3 DP - OS 10.4.1 - Digital Performer 4.5 - Micro Lite MIDI Interface
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Motu 8A, Motu 2408 mk3, Mac Mini M1, Big Sur, DP 11
ingmar

Re: MIDI device patching 0-127, DP goes 1-128

Post by ingmar »

OK, I figured out by now, it's AudioMIDI Setup I have to tell, that my Sampler goes from 0-127.

How do do it? Where can find the middev file and how do I edit it to work for me properly?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ingmar
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Motu 8A, Motu 2408 mk3, Mac Mini M1, Big Sur, DP 11
Schweats

Re: MIDI device patching 0-127, DP goes 1-128

Post by Schweats »

Wie geht's Ingmar,
To access the .middev/.midnam file ••¦
Go to Library folder > Audio > MIDI devices > MOTU >
then scroll to your Manufacturers folder (Akai, Kurzweil,Roland
or whatever) and open. Scroll to your particular model's .midnam
file. Click and open••¦
Next , scroll down to the 1st Bank's "Patch Name List" and just to the right you will see the numbering scheme. Highlight each number and type in the new number for each patch for the entire bank••¦ and duplicate the same if you have multiple banks.
HTH Schweats
Schweats
MacPro 2.8/OS 10.10.1/6g ram/Powerbook G4/1g ram/10.4.11/828 mk3 hybrid/MTP AV usb/DP 7.23/Stylus RMX/Omnisphere/Trilian/Mach Five v2/RealGuitar/Korg Oasys/UAD2-Quad card & various plugs/Novation Zero SL mk2 controller/Akai MPK61