cuemix console not appearing

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. for Mac OSX
pounce
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

cuemix console not appearing

Post by pounce »

hi there

i'm using an original 896 with an intel macbook pro on 10.5.2. it works ok, but the cuemix console doesn't come up. cuemix loads and appears on the menu bar just fine, but no window as i'm accustomed to seeing. i've downloaded the current software from motu a few times to check myself, repaired permissions and so forth. no luck after any of that. i've tried opening up cuemix with and without the 896 attached and it performs the same - no window either way.

any clues appreciated.
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

I think that cuemix doesn't work with the original 896 and 828.
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
pounce

Post by pounce »

alright, i checked and found this

http://mixonline.com/products/review/audio_motu/

with a quick google. i'd used cuemix with some other 896's, but i thought they were the hd models so that point is moot. and i'm away from home, so manuals and so forth are a few hundred miles away. if the cuemix console opened up i'd know what to do. i just can't determine if this is a known bug or something. and since i'm away from home, i can't troubleshoot quite as easily. for instance, at home i also have an 828 which i'd love to see configured via cuemix, although i suspect that this is some odd software issue which can be worked out.
matsof
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by matsof »

when u install cuemix, it creates 2 program files.
One of them is Motu Cue Mix Console, which when u open only comes up with the top bar
and the other is Cue Mix FX which is the one you want to Run,
are you clickin Cuemix FX?
kassonica

Post by kassonica »

You could log into the motu help page and look for an answer there.

http://www.motu.com/techsupport
Creativity, some digital stuff and analogue things that go boom. crackle, bits of wood with strings on them that go twang
pounce

Post by pounce »

i finally did find the indication on the motu site that cuemix will not work with the 896. bummer.

and no, cuemix fx is even less related to the 896. that is only for the 828mkIII which has the dsp onboard.