2408 DRIVERS and WINDOWS XP Problems

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Discussion related to installation, configuration and use of MOTU hardware such as MIDI interfaces, audio interfaces, etc. with Windows
adamcole
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

2408 DRIVERS and WINDOWS XP Problems

Post by adamcole »

Hello,

I have a pci 424 and win xp but the MOTU driver is not reconized after a new installation of my OS > unknown device !!!

I have try all any solutions proposed in this forum and others but my card is also not reconized.

My computer is a based on a nvidia nforce2 chipset.

Any suggestions to propose me ?

Many thx
ckmusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

System does not recognise installed PCI

Post by ckmusic »

Hi Adam. More likely than not, you have a motherboard problem. I was not aware of this before, until I upgraded from a perfectly running computer with my PCI 324 card, to a newer computer. After installing all drivers (at which I am a pro), got same problem as you. Then I ran tests, because I thought I might've broken the PCI card with removal & re-installation. When I put it back in the old computer, no problems. Then I suspected it is the different MB I am running in the new computer. Changed it, and problem solved.

So with the MOTU PCI's, you have to check with Support (if you're lucky enough to find anyone working) which motherboards they support. Then when you go for a new computer, you have to specify only those recommended MB's.

Good luck.